ten

logan's laugh bubbled in his throat and was soon released into the thick, tense air. louise glared, nostrils flared, fists balled in anger. but what scared logan the most was the small smile on her face. her lips were upturned slightly, angrily, a sort of half-smirk that could murder an entire village.

in that moment logan feared for his life.

only for a split second, a moment in a thousand, because louise turned around and it was like air could finally reach his lungs again. he ran a still hand through his blond hair before walking over to his jacket strung over the back of a dining chair. he reached for the tin of cigarettes in the left breast pocket as pans clattered in the cabinet.

with a fresh cigarette between his lips, logan walked to the window and opened it. the air was still cool from the night, the sun rising steadily. the sky was lilac and baby pink and black folded into a blanket that smothered the light sky in a marbling swirl.

louise padded over with his zippo, and his icy blue eyes melted into roaring oceans as she walked closer. she wore a black jumpsuit with thin straps and a maroon silk dressing gown over top. her left shoulder was exposed, creamy caramel sun kissed skin exposed. 

she was so close logan could feel her breaths on his uncovered chest. his eyes traced her face; the spattering of light freckles, the curl of each eyelash, the very faint frown lines around her pink lips. logan gulped. his brain felt oxygen deprived, as if he was in a deep haze. because louise belcher was a f*cking goddess and he didn't know why.

but g*d he wanted to know.

her thin fingers raised the lighter to his mouth. both watched the flicker of the flame, as it danced before them in twitching fluidity. moments passed and the tension seemed to grow and dissipate exponentially.

their eyes met, oceans and black coffee and then they closed and then their noses touched and then lips brushed and it was pure magic. it was like a meteor hitting the earth, a supernova being born, a million suns shining upon the planet.

but when logan blinked he was puffing a lit cigarette and extremely hot. he forced the smoke through the screen of the window with shuddered breaths, body shaking as louise began purposefully coughing and hacking loudly as she walked away.

he really wanted to know.