thirty-five

an:  so sorry for the hiatus! i just graduated from high school (yay!) and so one of my goals for the summer is to finish this book before i head off to college. anyway, this is just a little fluffy filler chapter, but do not fret, i have some drama planned for future installments (cue evil cackling). enjoy!

~

louise woke up on the couch at 8:34 and didn't open her eyes untill 8:42. she raised her head from the armrest she was slumped over and yawned. it was drizzling outside, the light raindrops hitting the windows sounding like explosions in her head. the new air conditioning unit was annoyingly loud too early in the morning. she turned over and looked over the edge of the couch cushions

logan was sprawled out on the floor next to her, one foot perched on the sofa cushions by her ankles and his left arm under his head. an empty beer can sat crumpled on his (shirtless) chest. louise brushed a strand of hair from her face, eyes glancing over logan as he snoozed softly. his chest rose with each deep breath and louise had to pinch herself to stop drooling over his incredibly defined abdominal muscles (even though she was making an excited squealing noise in her head).

she grabbed the empty can from his chest and threw it at his forehead. four times. she rolled her eyes as he continued to sleep, only shifting slightly onto his side, his leg falling from the sofa to the floor with a soft thump. louise stood from couch, quick to enter the kitchen. 

with two frying pans in hand, she waltzed over to logan and began smashing the cookware together. it soon turned into a loud rhythm and she began dancing slightly, swaying from side to side with every ear-piercing slam of pan-on-pan. she laughed as logan suddenly woke up holding his hands over his ears. his face had flushed a deep red as he noticed louise standing over him with an almost sadistic smirk on her face. 

louise's hands fell to her sides as logan rose to his feet. her enormous level of confidence seemed to shrivel into an anxiously tight ball as he towered over her, a familiar icy glare present on his features. the early morning sun crossed over his tanned skin and glistened off the light summer sweat flawlessly. louise didn't have time to focus on it though, as logan scooped her up into his arms.

"logan! put me down!" she screamed, the pans clattering loudly to the floor in surprise. logan laughed, the sound making louise blush deeply, as he threw her over his shoulder effortlessly and began walking down the hall. "this is soooooo not cool, bush."

he cracked a smirk at her dangerously low mutter, keeping his laughs at bay as he entered her bedroom. he'd only been in there a handful of times; louise was naturally a very secretive, secluded person seeing as her family was made up of nosy individuals (don't even get louise started on her mother).

the room, really an extra closet turned bedroom, had been painted a stark white years ago. the furniture was a dark cherry wood and consisted of a twin bed, desk, and dresser. the furthest wall from the door held various shelves of books, trinkets, and a strange abundance of stuffed animals that she never really could let go of.

logan smiled at a particular photo stuffed between the edge of the dresser's attached mirror and its frame:  a photo booth strip of the pair from weeks ago. the border was a simple black with the words 'say cheese' embossed at the top along with a small camera icon. though what he really blushed over was the third picture in the set of four, because he could still remember louise's lips pressed to his jaw in that one. 

he looked away and closed the door with his foot, grabbing louise's small waist and practically throwing her onto her bed. she bounced slightly and laughed, gripping logan's shoulders as he jumped over her. he stayed there, holding himself above louise carefully, sighing as a small hand ran over his buzzed hair. 

"y'know, i really didn't appreciate your little stunt out there, doll." she laughed loudly,

"doll? now, how many nicknames is that, bush?" he rolled his eyes at her dismissal, grabbing her hand from the nape of his neck to hold it above her head.

"i'm being serious, louise."

"me too, logan. i only whipped out the frying pans because you weren't waking up. you sleep deeper than the pacific ocean," she began giggling at her own joke

"g*d, louise," he muttered, his anger from the frying pan incident dissipating as she smiled widely, "you have no idea what you're doing to me." louise blinked slowly, biting her lip. her eyes ran over his slightly flushed face, and she could feel her own cheeks heating up as he moved closer, stomachs touching, legs intertwining, hips brushing. she smirked with a quick bat of her eyelashes,

"then show me."