twenty

two weeks had passed. the sun had burned louise's cheeks and tanned logan's skin. his darker complexion made his steely eyes and blond hair almost glow.

today it was raining. quite severely. louise decided to keep the restaurant closed after watching some of jimmy pesto's new outdoor dining tables roll down the street (she cackled quite evilly as they did so).

but the rain did not stop logan from blowing cigarette smoke through the window screens of the small apartment. he was running low on smokes but found it hard to ration them as louise lounged around in her pajamas (black silk shorts, white camisole, pink bunny ears). currently she was laying across the burgundy sofa, black hair and bunny ears thrown over the arm rest, fingers twiddling with a rubik's cube. she crossed her feet and looked at logan,

"would you stop smoking in here?"

"um, lemme think about that... yeah, no," logan replied with a smirk, bringing his cigarette back to his lips. louise watched his cheeks hollow slightly as he inhaled, looking away as the smoke fell from his pale lips.

"what do you have against smoking anyway, four ears?" he began walking towards the couch, quickly smothering his cigarette in his small ashtray on the coffee table.

"i don't know, logan, maybe the fact that there are known carcinogens in tobacco products. that heavy smokers have a higher risk of developing lung cancer and emphysema, that—" louise gasped as logan pulled her hat off her head. he held the pink hat by the ears as louise jumped to her feet.

"what the h*ll logan!? gimme back my ears!"

"no, no, no, no, no smarty-pants. you can't have these."

"oh yeah!? and why not?"

"because," his hand found her cheek, "you're not four ears anymore..." he trailed off, caressing her burnt red cheeks.

"you're a brain."