twelve

the whisper of louise's lips tainted logan's mouth and mind. with every breath he felt her small hand on his chest and the heat of the lighter.

but louise belcher was hotter than fire. she was lava roaring out of a thousand volcanoes, a million suns colliding in blinding disaster.

"logan, let's go! the restaurant ain't gonna run itself." logan blinked back to reality and found louise's gaze. she was wearing a tight green tee and some light denim shorts, dark hair tied up messily.

"no."

"no?"

"no."

"the h*ll do you mean 'no?'"

"louise, for having four ears, you're quite deaf." the small girl snarled as she stepped closer; logan felt his chest tighten into knots.

"a-and....and for having a brain, you're quite dumb!" she fired off angrily. logan smiled at the lame comeback and the slight blush on her cheeks.

"let me take you somewhere, four ears."

"no."

"the h*ll do you mean 'no?'"

"mocking me doesn't help your case, lo."

"lo?"

"shut up." logan chuckled as he stepped closer. they were about two feet apart but logan felt miles away.

"i have a restaurant to run and you have tables to clean now let's get dow—" louise suddenly stopped as logan's breath hit her ear. he was leaning down, his fingers brushing her elbow, his lips just touching her skin.

"meet me at the wharf, fifteen minutes." his voice was soft as satin in her ears and she almost leaned into him. her knees wobbled slightly as he stepped back. his eyes were blue raspberry jelly as they gazed at each other.

"and don't forget your ears."