twenty-four

"i'll do the dishes, brain." logan stood from his seat at the round table in the kitchen and held out his hand for louise's own plate. she noticed a light scar wrapped around his pinky. she placed the dish in his hand and he quickly turned away. she brought her feet underneath her, turning to watch the blond at the sink.

it was now past sunset, the night eroding any light left in the sky. only the moon remained, its unwavering silver light bouncing off logan's golden hair. like overripe lemons sitting on the kitchen counter.

the muscles in his back twitched as he scrubbed the plates. a feeling suddenly buried itself inside of louise's stomach, like a thousand and one of her famous gut punches. her feet carried her behind him, watched his muscles freeze as he stiffened.

through the thin cotton of his red t-shirt he could feel the tips of louise's fingers crossing the broad muscles of his upper back, between his shoulder blades, down to the hem of his sleeves. he turned, hands wet with soapy water grasping her hips. he leaned back against the sink, pulling her closer.

logan saw the moon in louise's dark eyes and the stars freckled on her nose. his wet hands moved to the sides of her slim neck. his index finger traced her bottom lip, pulling down slightly, feeling louise's slight intake of breath on his skin.

"i still hate you, logan." the whisper of his name propelled him into black holes.

"sure about that, brain?"

logan had only dreamt of louise's lips. he'd kissed girls with the american flag emblazoned on their tank tops, hair back combed into high pony tails, strawberry red lips. he'd kissed a college girl behind his friend's garage during high school once.

logan bush knew how to kiss. but he didn't know louise belcher could too.

he was floating, flying, propelled through thick, hot clouds of pink bunny ears as she grasped his broad shoulders. their mouths were soft, slick, tongues dancing a tango to the fast rhythms of their hearts. she brought her hands to his chest, crumpling his shirt between her fingers. she tugged him closer and his arms wrapped around her waist. louise shivered as his wet hands touched her skin.

they soon pulled away, foreheads touching, sharing deep breaths of air. louise opened her eyes, watching logan's pupils dilate. his face was softer, the smallest of smiles gracing his swollen lips.

"i'm positive."

as she sauntered down the hall, logan could finally focus. he could feel the blood that rushed to his face hum through his bloodstream, and he could feel the numbness of his lips.

he raised a hand, pale fingers touching his smiling mouth. his chuckle was quiet and relaxed, the kind you make after realizing you may be falling in love.

his smile vanished.