Mr. Graves| Percival & Lucy

Everyone have a good Christmas/ holiday you celebrate?

Listen: magic tree and I let myself go from the Great Gatsby soundtrack

Three times. That's all it took.

Three times it took for Percival Graves to truly give attention to the assistant director of investigations. Three times in her presence to hear the natural confidence in her voice. Three times speaking to her to be captured by her beauty and wit. Three times to be stuck

She was the dark haired beauty of their respective departments. The confident yet respectable leader of her team; stubborn and graceful. The spitfire hidden behind a porcelain mask. 

It was her eyes that drew him in first. The glinting pools of light jade were clear and sharp, never missing a thing. He realized she could catch the details.

Next he noticed her voice. The silky lilt to her words, the never fading strength and surety of them. The formality in her voice covering the meaning of her statements. The sound unwavering.

Then it was her lips, naturally. How her lips formed a full Cupid's bow, the dusty rose shade to them. The way the corners would turn up ever so slightly when she greeted him. Her sweet smile.

The rest he noticed later. Her waves of dark chocolate satin. The almost unnoticeable upturn of her nose. Her elegant neck and her height; she reached his chin when not wearing heels. Last was her lean, toned figure.

She was, as he heard in passing by other men in his own department, the epitome of beauty and grace. Of course there was more to her than what lay on the outside, that he knew. He wanted to know what was hiding underneath.

Soon he found himself looking forward to their brief interactions or their passing greetings in the afternoon. He wanted to find some silly excuse just to be in her presence longer, but that would be unprofessional of him. If there was anything Percival Graves wasn't, it was unprofessional.

He knew he had allowed this infatuation to get out of hand when he enjoyed hearing his name come from her mouth. Her lovely smile when she said 'Mr. Graves' was enough to make his knees weak. Nothing was sweeter.

His mind became clouded when he spoke to her or simply smelled her perfume. He was drawn to her so strongly that he was always aware of her; eyes always finding her. He wondered if she experienced the same.

...

'Mr. Graves'

The name sounded so wonderful when she said it. A wonderful name to fit a wonderful man. A charming, serious man. One she dared not to let go.

Lucy Collins was anything but ignorant. She could see what she does to him. She could also see he didn't realize the effect he had on her. How much she craved to hear him say 'Miss Collins' when they meet in passing.

Three times.

Three times near him is all it took for her to realize something wasn't right.

The way his deep, dark eyes no longer held the same light. The change in his step, his posture. The absence of his slight smirk; the confidence becoming arrogance. The tone of his voice off.

His focus was still on her but for a different reason, an unsettling one. The way he watched her no longer held the air of enthrallment. His lingering eyes causing her unease instead of joy.

Lucy Collins was known for her observing eyes. The tiniest of details were not lost on her. He knew this.

Three times it took for her to pick up on his errors. The first was the change in tone when he spoke. He was too demanding, too serious and his formality was forced.

The second was his 'forgetfulness' of things he should know. He would be somewhere unusual from taking a wrong turn or ask questions that he should be answering. He would lose his composure at inopportune moments.

The third was his decision on a case that was obscure for him. His judgments were stricter and verdicts harsher. His respect regarding others was gone, including for her.

His ever watchful gaze stayed on her when she was close. She couldn't escape it. He was assessing her.

And then it took her three times alone with him, studying him to put the pieces together. He knew when she figured it out and held it against her. It took three threats before he cracked.

They played a dangerous game for three weeks. Three long weeks of her sabotaging his ploy and him threatening her life. He had enough.

After those three weeks, he finally raised his wand to her; coming through on his threat. He found pleasure in hearing her scream as she found it in making him lose focus on his plan.

Then he was gone. Having found the right time to implement the rest of his plan, he left her. After he was gone, Lucy began her plan as well. Because in those three weeks, she had succeeded.

...

Three times, three places, three days.

That's what it took for him to be found.
The lights from their wands shined extra bright in the dark building. It was cold and deprived. Nothing was left, nothing except a weak, tortured man.

Three words from her was all it took for him to finally feel at peace. He knew he was safe and protected. He felt hope.

"You'll be alright."

Three times it took for him to allow her to lay her hand on his bruised face. Preventing the flinch, he felt her soft hand and her warmth. He was finally ready to let her in, let her heal him.

Three times their eyes met. That's all it took for him to realize they would get through what was coming. Together.

AN: something a little different, hope you guys liked this

Poor Percy deserved better