Scowl| Severus & Lucia

This takes place farther in my story She Healed Me 😁

Everything was a mess. The tables, the floor, the cabinets, even the stack of cauldrons. The entire classroom.

Severus stood at the back of the room, starring in absolute disbelief of its current state. He felt his mood drop even more the longer he looked. He hated to be in a fowl mood, today of all days but he can't help it.

How bloody ridiculous. Do these dunderheads not know how to clean properly?

He sighed angrily and started casting charms to put things back in order. As everything was floating back to its spot and cleaning, he pinched the bridge of his nose. A headache was starting.

His scowl stood in place even when he looked up. Even with everything clean.

"You know, your face is going to stay like that permanently if you keep scowling."

Severus was broken out of his irritated thoughts by her voice. The voice that never failed to calm him. He stayed silent as he felt one of her hands run up his back and she held his arm in her other. He no longer flinched at her touch and relaxed as she leaned on him. He closed his eyes, taking in her scent that always soothed him.

"Will it?"

Lucia giggled, "yes. Now stop fretting."

"I find it hard when my students leave my classroom a mess."

She hummed, running her hand up and down his arm. "It was an easy fix."

"I should not have had to fix anything in the first place," Severus grumbled.

Sighing, Lucia pulled him to face her. "They should know better, yes, but they are still children." She ran her fingers through a piece of his hair that was out of place, "besides, there are other things to worry about right now."

His eyes softened, "yes, there are." He wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Well, lighten up." She smiled at him in the way that filled him with warmth.

"I apologize for my mood. Now," he pulled her closer while maintaining a little space between them, "what have you been doing?"

"I was busy grading all the papers I had piled up." Lucia rolled her eyes, "apparently my students believe they can take assignments less seriously while I'm distracted with other things."

Severus gave her a disapproving look, "I thought I told you to take things easy."

Lucia played with the buttons on his frock coat. She gave him a small smirk, "you did. Doesn't mean I listen to you."

"You need to take better care of yourself right now."

Rolling her eyes, Lucia let her hand rest on his chest. "I'm fine." She reached up and placed a tender kiss on his lips. "We both are."

The softness in his eyes increased as they drifted down to her rounded stomach. There was a small bump at this point, but it was still noticeable. He let his hand drift over top of it.

"Maybe coming with me to see Poppy today will help your mood."

He chuckled, "you have already done that on your own."

"Hmm," she placed her hand over his, giving it a light squeeze. "You are going with since you missed the last time."

Severus sighed exasperatedly, "you will never let me forget that, will you?"

Lucia placed a quick kiss to his cheek before pulling away completely, "no."

He shook his head at her. "Of course."

She smiled at him and grabbed his hand. Pulling him towards the door, Lucia giggled softly. "Come on."

Walking down the hall of the dungeons to the hospital wing, Severus forgot about his classroom. Forgot how it became a mess or that his students caused it. Forgot about his aggravation.

His mood had lightened significantly from being in Lucia's presence. Everything in his demeanor and attitude changed. His eyes were brighter and his scowl was gone.

💚