Warmth| Severus & Lucia

Severus was sitting in front of the warmth of his fireplace, reading and letting his mind relax. He could hear the door to his personal chambers open and light footsteps approach. He smiled to himself, knowing it was Lucia.

Seconds later, two arms wrapped around his shoulders. Lucia leaned down by his ear, "why do I always find you reading?"

"Because it is my favorite activity to do when I have free time," he said back, his tone teasing.

She ran her hands down his chest and back up to rest on his shoulders. "Really? You prefer it more than something else?"

He caught the suggestive tone in her voice when she said that. He smirked and closed his books setting it aside, he reached up to grab her hands and pulled them down again. Turning slightly to look at her, he raised an eyebrow. "Now I did not say that did I?"

"Hm no," she leaned closer to him, "but it wouldn't surprise me. Your books do mean a lot to you."

Severus chuckled, "not as much as you do."

Lucia smiled and rolled her eyes. Pulling away she made her way around the couch. "So suave." She sat next to him and moved his book onto the coffee table. "How ever could I resist your charm?" She said this sarcastically while placing her elbow against the back of the couch and resting her head on her hand.

"It hasn't worked for you before."

She laughed, "oh look at you being so coy." She ran her free hand over his arm. "I never would have thought I'd see the day."

"Neither did I."

They sat in silence as Lucia ran her fingers over Severus' hand before intertwining their fingers. Her eyes were closed, head still against her hand. Severus was staring down at their hands. Soon there would be matching bands on them.

Lucia smiled to herself when she felt Severus run a finger against her ring finger. She had a feeling he did it subconsciously and she knew what he was thinking about from that. Sighing, she said "I need to get out of the habit of not wearing my ring." She opened her eyes to meet his and squeezed his hand gently.

"As long as you accept it, I do not mind." He smirked at her, "but I would prefer you do."

Laughing gently, she moved her right arm away from the couch and ran her hand through his hair. "I promise I'll remember to wear it."

He pulled the hand he was holding up to his mouth and kissed it. "I will hold you to that."

"I don't doubt you."

"Good," Severus said as he leaned towards Lucia. She met him halfway and shared a short kiss. Pulling back slightly, Lucia smiled before placing her hand against his cheek. She kissed him again deeply as he hummed in content.

When the kiss grew more passionate, Lucia found herself on Severus' lap. She had her arms around his shoulders and his hands were placed firmly on her waist. After a few moments, Lucia pulled away. "We need to decide on flowers."

Severus groaned, "Why is that important right now?"

"Because I just remembered." When he raised an eyebrow, she rolled her eyes. She pecked his lips a few times until his face softened. "I'm sorry, but I want to get everything done."

"As do I, but later."

He placed his hand behind her head and gently pulled her to him. As this kiss broke, Severus began trailing kisses down her neck. She moaned softly at the sensation and gripped his shoulders tighter. His other arm wrapped gently around her back and pulled her tighter against his chest. He stopped when she spoke.

"We also need to finalize the guest list, even though it isn't that long to begin with." Severus sighed in frustration and pulled away to look at her. She laughed at his grumpy expression. "Alright, I'll stop."

Severus glared at her, not believing she's done interrupting. He only lightened up when she kissed the corners of his mouth before returning to his lips. She placed her hands on either side of his face and deepened the kiss.

His resolve broke down at that and she stayed true to her word. The rest of the evening was peaceful as they grew lost in their passion. No talk of the wedding continued after that.

Until the next day of course.

Super short, but so sweet it will rot your teeth. Happy Valentine's Day everyone! 💗😘❤️