Amor |Captain Salazar & Freya

Happy Fall, y'all 🍂🦊☕️

The skies were clear over the small town of Spain. The sun was bright and warm without a single cloud to block it. Some members of the town were out enjoying their time in the light while others hid from it. Most avoided being close to the water with the bright sun, except one. She was sitting near the docks as usual.

Freya was sitting on a rock with her hands braced on either side of her. She had her eyes closed with her face titled towards the sun. She was breathing slowly, concentrating on the sounds around her. She was waiting.

That's what she always seemed to be doing, at least to all the others. She was always there when they returned. Sitting, waiting, for the great captain to pause his pirate hunting and return to the small town. Return to her.

Freya smirked to herself, knowing the women were most likely watching her and gossiping. She knew how they felt about her; How she didn't belong there. They especially enjoyed talking about her relationship with Armando. It made her blood boil at first, but after time she grew indifferent. The petty judgements made by the pathetic, weak-minded women in the town held little importance to her.

She only stayed in the quaint town for the captain. It was his home and where his ship docked and she didn't feel the need to change that. She was content so long as she could see him. Speaking of her captain, he was late.

This would have concerned the frail, simple minded girls, but not her. She would sense if something was wrong, she always can. Like the last time when he tried to hide an injury from her. He laughed it off when she asked and claimed he was only sore. He got quite a tongue lashing later when she saw the injury herself. Half of it he couldn't understand when she switched to her native language in her anger.

And yet, Freya could only smile at the memory now. He was so stubborn when it came to admitting to being hurt. But she adored it.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of their ship approaching. Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes once she let it out again. Then she saw the Silent Mary nearing the docks. She stood slowly and stretched her back.  Armando's voice could be heard shouting orders as they got closer, causing her to smile.

Armando caught sight of her across the deck and chuckled. "There she is," he said as he sighed. He handed control of the ship to Lesaro and swiftly crossed the desk. Once they were docked he departed from the ship to go to her.

He met her smile as he approached her. "Ah, querida. I've missed you." He placed his hands on either side of her face and placed a short kiss on her lips.

She pulled away and hummed. Her eyes flickered across his face, no longer smiling. "You're late." She raised an eyebrow at him wanting an explanation.

He moved his hands to her shoulders, "I know, I know. We had a delay leaving the last port." He glanced down before meeting her unrelenting gaze. "I apologize for that."

"Of course." She pulled away completely, which made him frown. "Luckily, I wasn't too worried. However," she played with the front of his coat, biting her lip. She looked up at him through her eyelashes, "you may need to earn my forgiveness."

He smirked and grabbed her hand. He placed a rough kiss against it and held it between his hands. "That can be arranged."

...

Freya was laying on her side, right hand tucked under her head and left resting on her side. She was watching Armando as he wrote a letter at the small desk in her room. She enjoyed seeing him relaxed like this. He wore only the white shirt and black pants of his uniform. She only wished he didn't have his hair pulled back.

He finished the letter and placed it aside to look at her. She knew he was aware of her staring, but didn't care. A smile formed when she noticed his eyes roam her figure that was covered in nothing but a thin sheet.

Sitting up carefully to keep herself covered, she continued to study him as he studied her. He tended to do this after a long trip away. It was a way for him to remember every detail.

"How is it possible for me to leave you?" He asked this while looking at her fondly.

She smirked, "I've no idea. You do anyways, every time."

He looked away and sighed before standing up. He went to her and stood before her at the side of the bed. "You know I have a duty, amor."

"Yes and you know that I don't mind." She leaned into his hand as he placed it on her cheek. Closing her eyes, she smiled. "I respect that about you. I merely wish your trips away weren't so frequent."

"One day, I will be able to settle down with you. You must hold faith in me."

Freya opened her eyes and grabbed his hand. "I always do." She pulled him down on the bed with her, "but let us not waste anymore time." She placed her lips against his and pulled him with her as she laid back.

...

He could remember everything about her; Her voice, her eyes, her scent, her laugh. She was intoxicating and addicting to him from the moment he first met her. She enchanted him.

She haunted him.

Salazar opened his eyes and reality came back to him as he looked out across the sea. His hair floated unnaturally into his line of sight, reminding him of his current state. He could hear the sounds of his crew behind him on the charred deck. He heard someone clear their throat behind him; Capitan Barbossa.

"I hope it doesn't offend ye, but I recall ye mentioning a lady. I can't help but be curious."

Salazar laughed, "can't believe I would have one eh?" He looked back at the pirate to see him grip the wheel tighter. "Even El Matador had a lady waiting for him."

"I believe ye stated her name were Freya."

The pirate was pushy and was pushing his luck. Salazar turned away and limped to the other railing, the sound of his cane hitting the deck rang in the air. He felt the need to answer.

"Si, Freya. She was stubborn and difficult, giving me headache after headache." He shook his head slowly, fondly remembering. "And she was, the most beautiful creature I've ever seen." He stared out into the endless sea line, hoping that he would somehow see her again.

Barbossa studied Salazar, wondering at the strange coincidence he found himself in. He knew Freya or a Freya and she was beautiful like the matador's lady. However, she wasn't pleasant and if it was the same woman, she and Salazar would be a perfect fit.

Yet the woman he knew was young, in the prime of her youth. Salazar had been trapped in the triangle for close to the remainder of her life span. It wouldn't be surprising if she had found a way to remain young, knowing the powers she possesses. She was dangerous.

She was known by the name of enchantress by most wretched pirates, having heard stories of her. Few had actually seen her with their own eyes. Even fewer made it past one conversation with her without losing their wits.

Barbossa was traveling on dangerous waters with this subject. Something was telling him Salazar's lover and the enchantress are the same woman. Nothing was beyond the realm of possibility on the sea, Salazar being proof.

Barbossa' attention was brought back to Salazar when he tapped his sword. "Another reason for me to hunt down the Sparrow. He took her from me and broke my promise to return to her." He turned and stomped towards Barbossa, "and you will bring me to him."

Barbossa gave a slow nod, swallowing nervously at Salazar being so close. He sensed the topic was ended and he shouldn't ask again. So for now, he'll keep his discovery to himself. It won't matter in the end anyways.

☠️