Something new| Loki & Colette

It was here where it all started. The new chapter in the life of a lost man. Through all the trials he had faced, none could compare to now. The odd sensation filling his body, his muddled mind, and silver tongue tied. All symptoms of a man enraptured by a lady.

The man struck by this ailment was no ordinary man, of course. He is a lost prince, a fallen man. He was the young prince of Asgard, before he became a threat to it. He caused much grief to his old home and to the realm of men. He became a threat to even himself.

Now here he was. After helping his brother and mending his ways, he was in a sense free again. However, the looks he receives from others makes him feel as though he will never be free. He knew they judged him, he could feel it; the hatred and untrust that would follow him.

He could hardly stand to be in the palace presently. It wasn't his home, not without her. His new sanctuary was the small book shop found in the village market. He came almost daily to avoid everyone and to have a moment to himself. He was able to fully lose himself in any book that catches his interest. In this place, he could be undisturbed.

That is until one day, someone interested him more. He was in his usual corner near a section that few wonder to. He was flipping through a book to decide if it was worth reading in its entirety when he heard the sound of light footsteps bearing his spot.

That's unusual. Perhaps they're just passing by.

But the footsteps continued to draw nearer rather than fade away. Loki continued to stare at the open page of the books resting on his lap, listening for any other sounds. Seconds later he suddenly heard the shuffling of fabric; a dress from the way the fabric brushes the floor. Finally looking up to see the person who disrupted his peace, he was met with a woman.

She was walking along the shelving of books across from him. He watched as she ran her hand along the books, studying the various titles. She was what one would consider to be above average in looks. Her long bronze hair brushed just above her elbows, part of it held back from her face. She tall and lean like most Asgardians, but there was something else to her;  a sense of power and strength. Her dress only accentuated this, as it left her shoulders open and molded the upper part of her body. Even the muted color did little to dull the glow that surrounded her.

 Even the muted color did little to dull the glow that surrounded her

She continued to walk along the books oblivious to his staring. She stopped and grabbed one book to skim a few pages, testing the subject and writings. Shortly after she returned the book back in its place. As she did, she glanced over her shoulder at him.

Loki started in surprise. He believed she hadn't noticed his attention on her. He quickly averted his eyes, hoping she didn't realize he was watching her. When he heard her move again, he chanced another look. She was now studying a different book. He then noticed her look out of the corner of her eye at him. Breathing in sharply, he flipped to the next page without knowing what he skipped.

Putting back the book, the woman then looked at the books a few shelves up. Finding one that interested her, she reached up for it. She was just able to reach it and struggled slightly with pulling it out.

Loki watched her struggle before deciding to offer help. "Do you need assistance with that?"

Casting a glance at him, she smirked when she reached towards the book again and it slid into her hand. She turned to him still smirking, "I think I can manage. Thank you for your offer."

He opened his mouth to respond, but found no words came forward. He realized that she hadn't actually bee touching the book when it came off the shelf. "Wait."

The woman turned back to face him before she went around the shelves. She looked at him in confusion, raising one perfect eyebrow. She stood where she stopped and waited as Loki approached her. "Yes?"

"I couldn't help but notice how easy it was for you to retrieve that book, after you first struggled to reach it." He smiled in amusement, using his charm, "how did you manage that?"

She pursed her lips, studying him closely. "Why would I tell you? A stranger, who was watching me as though I would not notice."

Loki laughed, "I suppose that is fair." He licked his lips, letting his smile fade. "You are distracting from the point. We both know what that was."

She sighed, "clearly you wouldn't have known if you weren't watching." Rolling her eyes, she shifted the book to hold it in one arm. "Yes, you are right. I should have known you would notice, considering who you are."

Loki cringed, "Of course."

She smiled, "I don't mind. After all, you are rather skilled from what I've heard."

He flashed her another charming smile, "you could learn just how skilled I am, if you are interested." At her unimpressed look, he chuckled and held up his hands in surrender. "You know who I am, clearly, but I unfortunately do not know you."

Humming, she titled her head in agreement. "I doubt very few don't know who you are Prince Loki." She saw him flinch at his old title, but moved past it. "I am Colette."

"Lovely name," he reached forward and grabbed her hand to place a gentle kiss on her knuckles, "for a lovely maiden."

Colette laughed, "such a charmer." She moved the book so it was resting in both her arms, "perhaps I'll see you here again, in the same spot as usual."

Loki paused and looked at her confused. "What do you mean?"

"I guess you aren't as observant as you first thought." She smirked and started backing away, "I come almost as often as you do. You're usually right there in that chair."

"Then next time you'd like to join me?"

Colette turned halfway around, but still facing him. "We shall see." Then she turned completely and made her way to the front of the shop.

Loki watched her retreating form until she left the shop completely. He smirked to himself as he repositioned himself in his chair and picked up his book. The day had taken an interesting turn and he couldn't believe his luck. Someone had finally given him the chance and spoke to him as though he was a normal person. Especially by a lovely woman. This was something new, but refreshing to him and he was more than willing to accept it.

AN: This is nothing more than a plot bunny from when I considered writing a Loki story