Reunited| Captain Salazar & Freya

Guess this could be considered part 3 of Salazar and Freya's story 🤷🏼‍♀️

The pirate captain must believe Salazar to be daft. He thought he could converse with his remaining crew members without Salazar knowing. Even if he wasn't near, his own crew would give him the information. He had eyes and ears everywhere on their ghostly ship.

He was informed by Santos that Barbossa and his men were whispering of a sea witch. None of them had seen her in person, but there was a strange look on Barbossa's face. He clearly knew the woman they spoke of. But who was this strange woman the pirates were both in awe and terrified of. What made her that way to them? Who was she?

Salazar listened intently as Santos recounted how she was described. A beautiful, young woman with golden hair and stormy eyes. Sharp features and a lithe body that moved like a serpent. But something about her unsettled the pirates that have crossed her path. Her temper was fierce and her voice was misleadingly gentle. Even with her beauty, there were rumors of a ghastly face in times of weakness. Weakness that was remedied with the taking of another's youth. She was eternal.

Had Salazar been alive, he no doubt would have chills run through his body. Even then, the woman sounded eerily similar to his love. But she would be old now after a full life. He had accepted that fact long ago.

"Capitán, we are approaching a ship."

Salazar removed himself from thoughts of his previous life to face Lesaro. He gave him a firm nod before going to the helm. He let a grin stretch on his cracked face. Another interfering ship to tear apart. Something to bide their time as they hunted down the Sparrow. Soon the ship rose above the water and crashed onto the middle of the quant ship, the Mary eating it up happily. Screams filled the air along with the ghostly laughter of the cursed crew.

...

He was there, the Sparrow. He was so close Salazar could feel it. The Silent Mary sailed after the Sparrow's ship where it was docked along the island. Too focused on his revenge, he gave little care to the split in the sea. Years of being imprisoned to the triangle desensitized him and his men to the strange occurrences in the sea. Nothing surprised him.

Upon realizing they couldn't follow after Sparrow down to the bottom of the sea, Salazar needed to find a way to be on land. His attention was brought back to his crew when their prisoner gave a struggle. An idea popped into Salazar's head; he could use the boy.

As Salazar descended into the parting of the sea, his crew took to the water. Now they would get Sparrow and no trident could save him.

Miles away, a dark ship was sailing with purpose when the ripple from the sea parting rocked it. The ship's captain was standing along the railing facing the direction it came from and looked up when the ripple was felt. Their hand gripped the railing tighter knowing what that meant. They would not have to wait much longer now. But they couldn't interfere yet, not while certain events needed to occur.

The second in command of the ship went up to his captain. "We should arrive just when we need to. Are there any other preparations needed prior to gathering our guests?"

The captain shook their head, "everything is ready. We can't go off our current path now."

"Yes, of course." With that, he left his captain alone to rally the rest of the crew.

After what felt like hours, the gap in the sea began to close and the Black Pearl was sailing away in victory. The sun was setting by the time the dark, lithe ship made its destination. The various crew members were hurrying along the deck preparing for the upcoming events.