Wife| Tom & Ava

Just some domestic fluff I was inspired to write. Takes place a few years after SSM.

It felt nice to have a clean house again. Having a small child running around the house was a challenge with how many things he gets into. But Ava wouldn't have it any other way. Their little boy has brought so much light into her and Tom's lives. And he was such a mini copy of his father it gave Ava whiplash at times. Especially when they read next to each other.

Sighing and coming out of her nostalgia, Ava finished folding the throw blanket on the couch. She just finished up the last bit of laundry and could finally relax. There wasn't much to begin with since she didn't have to worry about Tom's cleanliness. He was usually the one to be the most organized and put together. Unfortunately, their four year old didn't quite inherit that trait. Along with his clothes, there was a little accident on the couch that morning, which resulted in a very discolored blanket.

Ava grabbed the wicker basket full of clothes from the floor and made her way upstairs. She smiled when she heard her son playing in his room down the hall. Going into her and Tom's room, she placed the basket on the bed and sorted out their clothes. Once she had all the child-sized ones separated, she went to her son's room. She had to step around an array of brightly colored toys to put his clothes away in his dresser. A smile made its way onto her face as she listened to him continuing to play.

"Mama?"

Ava paused her organizing to look at the small boy. "What sweetheart?"

"What are you doing?" He was sitting on his knees watching her. There was still a toy in his hand that he lost interest in momentarily.

"I'm putting away your clean clothes." She made a face at him that made him giggle. "We don't want them to sit out in the way right?"

He shook his head while smiling goofily. "Daddy wouldn't like it."

"No," Ava said as she crouched down next to him. "He wouldn't. He likes things to be clean." She reached over and tickled him slightly. The sound of his laughter melted her heart. "Which is why you need to take a bath tonight too."

He pouted. "I don't need one, I haven't been outside today."

Ava laughed at his logic. "That doesn't matter. You still need to be clean before bed time." She got up from her crouched position and stretched a bit. "If you be a good boy and do that, maybe daddy will read you a story."

His face lit up in excitement at that. He loved having his father read him stories, especially before he went to sleep. It was a useful bargaining tool with the four year old. Ava gave him another smile and ruffled his wavy, brown hair. She decided to leave him to his playing and went back to sorting the laundry. As she was putting the last few items away, she heard Tom come up the stairs. A few moments later, Ava bit her lip when she felt arms wrap around her waist. A smile broke across her face when a chaste kiss was placed against her neck.

"Hello wife."

"Well hello to you to." Ava turned in his arms to place hers around his shoulders. "You're back early," she said before kissing him.

Tom pulled away and smirked. "I couldn't stay away any longer. Not when I kept thinking about this morning."

Ava rolled her eyes, "oh shush. That was all you."

"Really? I seem to recall you were quite vocal about your enjoyment when I.."

"Shh!" A blush made its way to Ava's face which caused Tom to become smug. "I remember, you don't need to say it."

Tom shrugged with indifference. He moved her hair back behind her ear and kissed her gently to appease her. He knew it worked when she sighed contently; he could read her like a book.  Pulling back, he placed a hand against her cheek and smiled slightly at her.

"What?"

"Nothing," he said with a slight head shake. "Am I not allowed to admire my wife?"

"Not when it's out of nowhere like this." Ava said this with nothing but amusement. "It's kind of creepy actually."

Tom raised an eyebrow. "Oh? In that case I'll just leave you be." He let go of her and was about to turn away when she grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards her again. This made him smirk devilishly at her. "Tease."

Ava looked him straight in his eyes and said, "you like it."

"Oh I do." Tom leaned forward and crushed his lips to hers. He thoroughly enjoyed when she toyed with him like this. It always caused a rush of desire to flow through him.

Pulling her head back a bit to look at him, Ava ran her hands down his chest. "Alright, save it for later." But she didn't move away from him.

Tom was genuinely smiling at her now. His eyes had softened as he studied her. Everyday with her made him appreciate her even more. He's sure Voldemort would be absolutely appalled if he saw what became of him. But that made him enjoy his life even more.

"You're doing it again," Ava said with a laugh.

"I can't help it." Tom untangled himself from her and gave her space. "Have you wondered what would have happened if you were born when I was? Attending Hogwarts in the 40s."

"Me in the 40s? With those dresses and short, curly hair," Ava cringed at the thought. "That wouldn't have looked very good."

Tom laughed. "Not your style?"

"It's horrendous," Ava said with a teasing smile.

"I think it would have suited you." Tom sighed and looked over Ava. "I do have to admit as much as I like pants on you," he paused as he looped his finger through the belt loop on Ava's jeans to tug her closer. "Dresses are more accessible."

Ava snorted. "Such dirty talk when your son is in the next room."

"He wouldn't know what it means and besides," Tom smirked without shame, "it's the reason he exists."

Shaking her head, Ava laughed and buried her face in his chest to be quiet. Tom chuckled with her as he held her against him. He placed a kiss against the top of her head still smiling. He felt her calm down from her laughter and let her pull away on her own. When she moved her head back up, he pulled her into a long kiss. It didn't take long for them to become lost in it and for Tom to pull at her top slightly. But Ava quickly backed away from him, causing him to groan in frustration.

"Ava, I don't appreciate being cut off like that."

Ava smirked in amusement. She ran her hand down his arm and looked over his body unabashedly. "Keep that in mind for later." She then left the room and could be heard from their son's room.

Tom closed his eyes to collect himself. Letting out a breath, he followed after her. She was sitting next to their son on the floor asking about what he was imagining with his toys. Tom crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame as he watched them together. He wouldn't change his life for anything.

💛