On edge

As they reached the cockpit, Fury turned to Maul with an irritated look. With females being dominant over males she guessed Maul just saw here as a Nightbrother and Obi-wan could tell that she wasn't pleased with Maul not answering him.
"Something had came dangerously close to ours as we came through the far orbit ring around Dathomir," Fury spoke as she faced the front.
"It was nothing to be concerned about Fury." Maul spoke as if it was just that and Obi-wan knew it must have been a feeling Maul knew from somewhere in his past. Although the Jedi decided not to speak up about the topic as Fury landed the ship onto Dathomir's surface. She landed them just outside of where they had gathered when they first waited for the feast to begin. Most of the Nightsisters and brothers were still there and most importantly Mother Talzin, watched them land. Her expression seemed much more softer than Maul and Fury's. Obi-wan welcomed it and was the first to leave the ship and approach her.
"Ah, Kenobi, we are glad that you've returned unharmed." She said with a smile that threatened to leave when Maul walked up next to Obi-wan. Maul still seemed put off by what happened on the ship.
"Is something wrong my son?" Mother Talzin asked as Maul's eyes scanned the crowd as if he was an animal looking for its next prey.
"As long as you keep Ventress away, everything should be fine." Maul answered not looking at her. Obi-wan's eyes met worriedly with Talzin's. Her calmed expression seemed to of calmed Obi-wan slightly for some strange reason.
"Well than, while you you gone Maul, the Nightbrothers brought back more food for the feast, so shall we go onto the feast?" Mother Talzin asked and Obi-wan guessed her mentioning the feast brought him back to what was really happening.
"That was kind of them, yes, let's continue onto the feast." Maul replied looking more physically relax as he smirked looking at Obi-wan. Obi-wan though didn't feel any better, he knew well that Maul being relaxed was probably just a coverup.

After Mother Talzin announced that the feast was going on as planned, everyone sat down at the curved tables that made everyone sit in a circle. Mother Talzin sat next to Maul as Obi-wan was on the other side of him. Fury had sat on the other side of Obi-wan and was pointing out things that Obi-wan should try eating. He nodded happily agreeing with somethings that she suggested, but his happiness sunk again as he saw Maul very quietly talking to Mother Talzin. Even though they were sitting next to each other, Obi-wan couldn't make out a single thing they were saying, but what ever it was didn't make Maul happy. Before he knew it, Maul had stood up, clearing his throat and catching everyone's attention.
"Before we begin the feast, I'd like to thank everyone here. Even though I or Kenobi had not been raised like a Nightbrother or here on Dathomir, you've all defended Kenobi as if he'd been here all of his life. For most of my life I had not known what the meaning of family really was. Being home, I first thought I would be some outsider and now I am happy to call Dathomir my home. Thank you all and let the feast begin." Maul said than sat back down with a very happy Mother Talzin next to him. Obi-wan laughed thinking that was why Maul was upset. He was so use to staying in the shadows and out of everyone's thoughts, Obi-wan knew it was a rare thing for Maul to be thanking someone and much more rare for him to do it in front of a whole crowd.
Obi-wan leaned against the unhappy Sith and whispered quietly as he put some of the food that Fury suggested him to have on his plate.
"That was very nice Maul." He whispered looking at Maul through the corner of his eyes with a small smile. Maul huffed rolling his eyes as he put food on his own plate. He seemed much more relaxed though after Obi-wan said that, the ex-Jedi could send his companions relaxness through the force, but he also sensed that Maul was still on edge about something. What ever it was could wait, Obi-wan didn't want to see Maul so stressed out right now.

(A/N: Hello readers I'm back and giving you more chapters! While you all are waiting for the next chapel to be released you all should read my other Obi-wan and Maul love story called Obsession. It is a very long story with still more chapters coming out as well. I can hard see the end of either of these stories coming so keep a watchful eye for more chapters and I will see you later!)