~thirteen~

Jared's POV

December. The month after November. The twelve month next to eleven. The last month until the year comes to an end.

It's thursday, December 22nd, 8:41 in the evening.
The sky has turned into dark grey.

Its been a couple of weeks since I last saw her. The bruise in my arm has been pretty healed. I remembered Shannon freaked out when he saw it, and I swear to god he kinda reminded me of our mother.

I was now in Shannon's Coffee shop. Few people seated on the wooden chairs and tables. The walls has now painted into horizontal black and white lines, just what I imagined on it to be.

"Hey Jay" I hear Shannon say to me before patting my back.

I looked from behind me and saw him. I halfly smiled at him as he took a sit infront of me.

There was an awkward silence between us. Yeah, awkward. And it's unusual for the both us to be in this kind of situation. And I know there is something going on with him.

I looked at Shannon very carefully. Noticing his eyes was not on mine, but on his fingers, tapping against one another.

Hmmm.. very suspicious.

I cleared my throat loud. But not that loud for the whole world to know, just for Shannon of course.

Shannon slightly jolted from his seat and turned his eyes on me.

"You okay there?" I asked him.

"Y-yeah.. I'm fine." He says looking away.

"I know you Shan, got something to tell me?"

He looked me straight in the eyes for a moment and sighed. A deep one. He scratch the back of his neck, and I know he was a little bit hesitant to say what he was about to say.

"C'mon, Shanny. What is it?" I asked him again.

He let out another sigh and slightly slammed his hands in the table.

"Okay, you remember Michael?"

"Ah yeah, I do." I shrugged and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why'd you ask?"

"Well, he's inviting us on his wedding." Shannon says as he reach for his back pocket.

"Really? When?"

"Tomorrow." He plainly said.

"What? Tomorrow? That soon?"

Shannon finally pulled out something from his back pocket, reveiling an envelope designed with red and white laces on it.

"Well, not exactly. Turns out that it was delivered to me a couple of weeks ago. I just didn't check my mailbox so..." He admitted and smiled.

"Here's yours." He says as he slide the envelope towards me.

I took the envelope and opened it.
I looked through the names listed down and I saw my name as well as Shannon's.

"You're right." I glanced back at Shannon and he just shrugged.

I continue to look on the envelope and scanned the names on the list.
Some familiar names are listed onto it.

Mostly our friends from highschool.

"You'll come with me right?"

I sighed and gripped the invitation tightly, but not to the point it will cripple.

"Yeah, I guess so." I said to him.

Shannon seemed a little shock from what I have said to him.

I furrowed my eyebrows and ask, "what's the matter?"