Prologue

Salam alaikum beautiful people wishing Allah swt Mercy and Barakat on all of us  ameen .... So this is my first work and I am definitely a novice at this I am not even sure I know what I am doing but I have time on my hand and my imaginations are killing me from watching too much soap operas , so pls just Bare with me and I hope u like it 🌸. Stay blessed

I stood there over the railing watching them all    , the atmosphere filled with tension that one can actually cut it with a knife I watched their expressions, some it was filled with confusion as to why the gathering , a few were wearing the apprehension look while in the rest you could clearly see the animosity in there eyes and all this was thanks to me. I single handedly ruined my family I don't even know what I was thinking to do this to people that have given me nothing but their  love and affection how could I, regret filled me and I thought ' family do not  do this to family heck you don't this to the ones you love regardless and I have managed to come between them

" Ya Allah" I exhaled loudly, what has been done has been done its time to make everything right again or atleast what is left of it. I exhaled a second time and sent a little prayer up for Allah to give me strength cause I really need it now.

I sucked in my tummy and salamed into the room, it didn't  go unnoticed that not everyone present answered my Salam, yeah it is that bad, Baba was first to talk " Saudat what's  all this why did u gather us all here, what's the problem come on tell me my daughter" he encouraged me in that loving way that he always does and suddenly tears filled my eyes how could I come between this man and his own flesh and blood , I most be a shaitin to do that I thought.

Abbah- my real father and elder brother to Baba spoke next " keh what's the meaning of this or are u pulling one of your stunts again wallahi  Sai na lallasa ki if that's the case.

"Haba mana lets just hear her out " that was Ammi  my fathers second wife she has always been on my side and I have never quite understood why considering she did not really like my mother maybe it's because their issues never really affected us it always stayed between them, they never got us involved.

I cleared my throat and was about to talk when my mother -mami- cut me off " za kiyi magana koko" I just nodded and started speaking with a shaky voice

" Dama Abbah I gathered you all hear today to beg for your forgiveness, I know I have done terrible things to this family and I have betrayed all your trust in me. I know it will take a long time for the wounds I have inflicted on some of you to heal and I know most of you hear can't even stand my presence but am begging you to find it in your heart and show mercy on me just like Allah swt has on HIS creation. All I can say is that I have finally realized my mistakes and the magnitude of its consequences and I know it's way beyond too late to save most of the relationships I have with this family but please do forgive me" .

And the dam broke loose and  my tears were just pouring out.
I turned and looked at my cousin  Al-Qasim who had a tight grasp on his wife's hand Jalilah, ya Rabb how could I try and come between them. All I did was for what?  OH ALLAH forgive me.

"Please Al-Qasim forgive me I was blind and lost I don't even know what prompt me to do all that to you and Jalilah, I still can't believe I am capable of such evil please forgive, Jalilah please forgive me I took advantage of you like that and tried to ruin your life I am so sorry" and I broke down in another series of tears.

After awhile I heard someone clear their throats and after they spoke I knew it was Baba cause he started saying " Alhamdulillah Saudat, I have never been so proud of you like I am today. Allah knows that for one to seek forgiveness from the ones he have wronged he must have an immeasurable amount of courage and fear of Allah in him.
I know a lot of awful things have happened between my brother and I and Jalilahs family as well to an extent that we all took  sides which is not suppose to be, cause a family is one and they should never be in a conflict that will make them take sides which will eventually lead to a rift in their relationship and before they know it they have grown apart from each other, which is a detestable act in the sight of The Almighty .

My daughter you are not the only one that needs to seek forgiveness, we all have our quarter and we should all learn from you and seek forgiveness from each other so that Allah can have Mercy on all us as well".

He heaved a sigh and continued saying
"I can not say for everyone here but I know that from deep within my heart I have forgiven you and May Allah swt forgive us all, ameen". 

Ammi stood up from where she was sitting and came to me, she looked at me and finally hugged me tightly. I felt moisture drops on my forehead and knew she was crying too. " there is nothing that you will ask me and I will ever refuse. You have managed to mend the relationship between our families, a task we as eldesr could not manage. I am so proud of you" she raised my head and I saw her face was drenched with streaming tears from her eyes but her eyes were wrinkled at the side, telling on the broad smile she was wearing " I forgive you as well".

Abbah cleared  his throat too and looked at Jalilah and said I will only forgive her if you do cause I know of the pain and hardship she inflicted on you."

Babas wife - Yaya- who has been sitting mute ever since I walked in spoke " Haba Alhaji Babba as one whom forgiveness is being seek  from, you should not give conditions, for the sake of Allah do not forsake her she has realized her mistakes and is trying to make amends. You should not make it any harder on her".

She turned to me and said " Saudat na yafe maki har a bada". Jalilahs parents forgave me as well so did Jalilah and Abbah.

Al-Qasim just stared at me with an impassive expression. Telling me with his eyes he does not buy this act of mine, but then after so many nasiha from the elders he uttered the words I have been craving to hear " I forgive you Saudat and my Allah forgive us all".

After that the families got together and started chatting and making plans for the future  as Laila my younger sister is getting married in 2 months and the family haven't really gotten the opportunity to sit and talk about it. I looked at every one of them with so much affection and rose and left for my room. In there Jalilah followed me along with her 8 years old son tailing her - Muhammed- and he understood what has been happening and knew that I was the cause of all his mothers grief and pain, so he hardly comes near me or even talks to me.

She sat on the bed and looked at me for awhile then turned to her son and told him to leave us,  the look on his face said not a chance, but after his mother gave him a reassuring smile he looked at me with so much distrust and anger and then he finally left. She turned to me with a blank stare and said " it's hard to believe that you have changed, I have been through a lot because of you but if your intentions are true and sincere then I forgive you. But I will never trust you again and you have no right to expect more from me. What's done is done in Shaa Allah I hope it remains in the past".

She rose and left and I felt warm wet tears on my cheeks subhanAllah I have lost a sister and a friend. Ya Arhama Rahimin forgive me .

Well then it's time to move on to my second plan. I finished packing and sneaked out quietly through the service entrance, through the garden and out the gate, with a final glance at my home, the place I grew up in , the place that has given me so much comfort and warmth, the home I might never get to see again.

With a resounding sigh and a heavy heart I turned my back on all that and forged ahead into the world and only Allah knows what will happen next as I did not think beyond leaving but I knew this is what I should do since I have lost everything anyways. " YA ALLAH guide me through."