Confessions II

I kept circling  the white gold and amethyst bracelet around my wrist. The only thing that assures me it's all real and I am not dreaming.

It was a gift from Ya Mu...  I mean Muhammad. on the day of our departure He asked me to call him by his name without any honorifics.

I am still giddy from his confessions. It's still so unreal how he has been harboring such feelings for me and decided to portray them in a contrary manner.

We are still taking things slow at a steady pace cause it is really hard for me to process.

I still don't know what prompted me to agree to his request. I am still confused whether I should accept his feeling or unaccept them. All I know i feel weird and funny but the right kind of funny ( if there is such a thing) whenever I think, hear his voice or his name being mentioned.

A knock came from the door  before it opened.
"Heading to the beauty parlor with Jas do you want to come." Mom Said

"Yeah sure"

"Perfect be down in ten" she tapped the doorframe and left

Mom always takes us out after they've come back from a mission and dad cooks a grand dinner. It's their way of catching up with our lives  in their absence.

And ever since we got back we haven't really been able to cause mom was busy catching up with Ammi and Ismail.

The first day we arrived I think the both went to bed crying. It was a floodgate of tears and then the next day they did not sleep a wink  busy getting mom up to date with family stuff.

I was hanging around with Isi, I took him out for sight seeing and we hanged out with my friends true to his colours  he caught Clarissas attention. She was always at my place up till the day they left.

It was fun having them here. I loved seeing mom happy and dad just took care of all of us.

I got up and went to my closet
What to wear

I spotted a sequined knitted red top amongst my hanged clothes I picked it out and wore it with a blue apple bottoms jeans. I grabbed my coat and sneakers and left the room.

I went downstairs mom and Jas were by door adjusting Jas's coat " you should wear a something on your head it's a bit windy outside"

"But I don't want to" Jas whined and turned towards me. She pointed at me " see even Elle isn't wearing"

"Elle set a better example for your sister"

I rolled my eyes " I was going to wear a cap when we are out" I lifted my hands to show her my skull cap.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me"

Astagfirllah

"I am sorry"

"Don't do it again. Come on let's go"

The beauty parlor trip was fun mom allowed me to get a perm finally. I am tired of  detangling it everyday. Jas just washed her hair. We got made up and we took care of our cuticles.

"An excellent outing if I may say" I gave mom an approving look

She just rolled her eyes at me
"Now you are rolling your eyes"
"Cause I am the MOM" she smiled
"Mommy I am hungry"
"Okay let's get a sandwich"
"No I want a burger"
"No dear that will fill you up before dinner"
"But I want a burger"
"Okay let's buy 1 so you can share with Your sister and I will have a salad"
"With a Soda"
"1 soda and you are sharing"
"Noooo I want mine" Jas stomped her feet
"Bratty brat" I said laughing
Jas started to wail
"If you won't share with your sister then you are not getting any"
"But I want mine" she continued to wail
"Jasssss" mom said on a warning note
"Okay" she sniffed "But my share is bigger" she finished heatedly