Hunk the Grouch

Ella's POV

Oh My GOD the heat that was my first thought. Nigeria is incredibly hot compared to where I am from. Oh well thank Allah I brought as many sunscreens as I could lay my fingers on.

Now time to get this airports hustle and bustle out of the way. I hope grandfather is here already cause Jas hates waiting and I won't like it when she starts throwing tantrums.
" Ella what are we suppose to do next. Do you know where to go. I am scared I don't want "Taken" to happen to us.

I roll my eyes and for the umpteenth time I try to reassure Jas  " remind me why I let you watch that movie. Honestly Jas, hardly 1/3 of what happen in movies happen in real life or I would have found my Prince Charming by now or there would have been world peace or the apocalypse would have happened by now.
The are all make believe. Okay. Now don't worry Allah will protect us okay."

Jas relaxed a bit and said " yeah, besides grandpa will find the bad guys and make them pay"

Another eye roll from me. Really I get why movies are age restricted. The imaginations of a child are super creative. I look to my left and then right and bingo. I  saw a uniform lady attending to an old man who seemed to be lost or clueless just like me .

I went straight for her just as she was bidding the old man a nice stay in Nigeria " Errr excuse me" she turned and looked at me " yes my dear how may I help you" I let out a big sigh. Ya Allah she is friendly I thought " can you please direct me to luggage claim" she smiled and answered " you go straight ahead and then turn left you will the sign and rows of people."

" thank you" her smile broadened, if that's possible " you are welcome dear" I took Jas's hand and followed the directions .

Half  an hour later we were done and heading out to search for grandfather and I spotted him, standing in a traditional attire which I remembered was called a kaftan and an overall dress called babban Riga and a hula to complete the look of a typical Hausa man -searching for us as well I presume.

I heard a screeching noise that wrung my eardrums out made by Jas " grandfather! " and before I knew it she threw her small hand luggage up- and thank God I caught it before it hit someone and cause serious trouble- and ran straight into our grandfathers open arms.

He caught her hug and carried fluidly off the ground" oh my dear Aisha I missed you so much. How was your flight, how have been" she drew back a little smiling at grandfather and said " I came just as promised. I am now a good Muslim just like mommy said." She started drawing the lines of his face with her fingers " I missed you too grandfather.

He started looking around " where is your sister, I don't see her with you" right then I decided to make an appearance " right here grandfather " I gave him a side hug and a peck on the cheek  " you where so engrossed in Jas that I did not want to interrupt."

He laughed and shook his head " you are still jealous of our love I see. Now I have three jealous wives" he turned to Jas and said " no one can ever beat you . You are my first lady." With that he winked at her and motioned for us to get going.

" oh I forgot to introduce you," he looked behind him and cleared his throat " this is your cousin Muhammed" he smirked and added " our chauffeur." I looked at the guy our grandfather was referring to and .... MasshaaAllah .. Hunk-a-hunk. He is drop dead Gorgeous like a Calvin Klein model and he has the cliché novel guy description - tall, dark and brooding. Ya Allah I am in love I thought.

Grandfather turned to us and said " Muhammed ga yan uwan ka nan- she is Elizabeth Zarah Philips" and then he turned to Jas whom he was still holding " this lovely dove is Jasmine Aisha Philips. And they are here to spend Their  summer holiday with us and get to know us."

The surprised look on hunk guys face was quickly replaced by an amused look then a bland expression .Hunk guy gave us the one- over and murmured something like a hello and sanu da Zuwa under his breath and turned and left us there smiling like idiots.

Ouch! Hunks a grouch. Someone is not excited to meet us, anyway I hope the rest of the fam are not as warm as he is cause I don't know how we will survive.

Grandfather finally broke the awkward silence " don't mind him. He is usually like that with everyone." I nodded and smiled at grandfather relived a bit to know that it's not because he does not like us  " well then let's get going. Ready to hit the road guys "

As we exit the airport a warm humid air hit me on the face and my first instinct was to go back in to the comfort of the air conditioned airport, but my grandfather held my shoulders fast and pulled me toward a black GMC and I could not get in the car faster . I needed to be where the air con was.

After fastening our sit belts, grandfather looked at Muhammed- the grouchy hunk (astagfirullah) I know giving people nicknames is bad but this guy leaves me no option

"toh Mr Direba in ka shirya. Muma mun shirya" grouchunk said okay and started the engine and we soon hit the road to .... I don't know."

Asslamualiakum how have you been beautiful people . Ya Allah aswear this chapter was hard to write. I hope it makes sense  cause I seriously think it still is not okay buh hey dats all folks. Thanks for reading and adding this book to your library. Xoxo🎀💋