Yayan Soro

We had a great time at Aunty Bintus place. She is really an amazing person made us laugh with her hilarious adventure tales.

She and mom were quite the handful. They were the complete ruffians. They tortured almost everybody they knew, they climbed over  fences together, bullied their classmates, made landline pranks, and beat the crap out of tattle tale's.

Yeah what an eventful childhood they had. All the fun ended when I asked her why mom had to leave she remained mute for a while before adding " I think it's best you hear it from your mom"

We went back to Baba's house the next day , baba gave us a summary history of the family which is quite big to say the least. I guess it's a good thing we came at the time of a wedding i think.

We went back to grandfathers house the next day spent a day there as well before leaving for yayan soro's place which Yusra sulked all the way there.

Surprisingly it was Ya Sadiq that took us. He is a really nice person and down to earth, very easy to talk to. He seemed genuinely interested in knowing us unlike someone I know.

Yaya- as we were told to address her- is the absolute nightmare if you ask Yusra. She is really the mean old lady to her and it beats me why she treats her awfully.

If you ask Jas and I she is the sweetest person though she is strict and firm but nonetheless sweet especially to Jas since they have the same name.

So Yaya lives  in a semi-remote rural area of the northern part of kaduna. She lives with her companion Firdausi. A lovely teenage girl whom Yusra informed me is orphaned but can be just as annoying as Yaya and no one dares rebuke scold or reprimand her if not her champion will shred you to bits hence the reason why she gets away with everything.

Anyway contrary to what Yusra said she is really nice to us she loves chatting with Jas and is very inquisitive always asking me questions like do I go to clubs how do we date and unnecessary stuff like that which I try to answer but it's starting to drain and annoy me.

I felt a vibration against my tummy when I locked down beside me on the massive mattress I was laying on I saw my phone vibrating. I totally forgot it was on silent. I checked the ID it was dad calling. About time I haven't been able to reach them for awhile now and we still haven't talked to mom. It's really starting to piss me off, what the hell is she avoiding  or is something wrong that they are hiding from us I hope no one is hurt.

"Assalamu alaikum dad"
*pause*
"Hello daddy are you there"
"Hellooooooo"
"Waalaikumulsalam Elle. How are you"
"Mom!" I shrieked
"Hey darling. I have missed you"
"Mom! Oh my God finally you have called us. What happened to you."
"I know. I am so sorry it's just that I have been pretty occupied and we kept changing camps that's why. I hope I did not get you worried?"
"Alhamdulillah" I sighed " how are you it's been ages since I last heard your voice like millennia ago. How is dad also"
"Alhamdulillah he is also doing fine, you know your dad and how emotional he can get but he is staying strong."
"Good to know. Not being sappy or anything but I have missed you when are you going home why didn't you give up me a video call I want to see your face"
"Maybe next time okay. Very soon when it gets too much for your dad I am pulling him out. Where is your sister I am missing my princess"
I rolled my eyes "she is with firdausi I think let me get her hold on a min"
I stood with the phone on my ear and went in search of Jas I found her with firdausi and yaya munching on boiled corn and roasted peanuts -disgusting- "Jas mom's on the line for you"
Her eyes widened and she jumped up and snatched the phone away
" mommy!"
"I have missed you too."
"Nope. They are really nice spent a night at Aunty Bintus place"
"Yes she did. No with Yayah saw-raw"