New Relatives

Ella's POV

Abuja is a beautiful city maa Shaa Allah. It was bursting with so much energy and there was a lot of green scenery that I have not seen in a while. It is a far cry from what I imagined, it is so much better. In fact I did not know what to expect really but I knew I wasn't expecting much but then I am glad my imaginations let me down.

After a while I looked away from the window and asked my grandfather " where are we headed"

"Ah Zara ever the impatient one" he said that while pulling at Jas's nose. She scrunched her face up and rubbed her nose

" grandfather I am Aisha not Zara. She is on your other side pull her nose not mine."

" but I want to pull yours it's cuter" he said that with a huge grin on his face and then he turned to me " We are going to your uncles house. Qassimu. He is my nephew and Muhammed's father. We will spend a few days there and then we will be heading to kaduna "

He then looked at grouchunk and said to him " yawa muhammadu ka buga ma babanka ka Gaya ma sa mun kusa Ko? And I hope you have not ruined the surprise cause he is in for a shocker as well"

Grouchunk nodded his head in reply " yes I have already informed him that we are almost there and no I haven't ruined the surprise" and he muttered under his breath " I am still in shock"

A snort escaped me then and I muttered back " dose not look so to me". And I just realized that  may have been rude of me. I glanced at the rear view mirror just as he did. He stared for a moment then back to the road and I turned back to admiring the scene outside.

The drive was rather long from the airport to our uncles house. He lives in the central area. In a duplex  which looks big enough to house a football team. the building was really beautiful and I guess it is modern since most of the houses looked similar in architecture with French Windows and a balcony directly above the front porch. There was not a garden in sight but there were beautiful flower plants along the fence wall that went all the way to the back of the house and potted flowers beside the entrance door that was of Turkish design.

Grandfather lead the way into the house. There was this really wide foyer that was of marble flooring and there were two huge vase with a beautiful flowery pattern on it on each side of the door and then along the wall was a console table made of mahogany and a small empty vase which was equally as beautiful as the two big standing ones. Beside the table on either side was a Turkish chair of red and gold damask.

The foyer lead straight into a big living area glittering with everything gold in it. The settee had an ivory shade to it but the rest of the furnishing and fittings reflected gold, it probably had to do with the lighting coming from the massive and beautifully crystal chandelier that was casting off the color gold everywhere.

I couldn't stop admiring the room it was lovely and regal .You could tell by a mere glance at the room the decor dripped of elegance and class.
I felt a tug on my shirt and looked down, it was Jas. I leaned down a bit and she whispered in my ear

" uncle Qassim has a beautiful house. I hope he is nice just like his house. And I hope he smiles and he is not like Muhammed"

I smiled at her and rubbed her back " I am sure he is super nice and excited to meet us. But grand father said its a surprise so he does not know that we are here." She nodded and went back to admiring the room just like me.