Awkward.

After grandfathers grand announcement it was hard to discern where the very audible shriek was coming from . I looked to aunt Jalilah first whose mouth was slightly agape with shock written all over her face she was staring at grandfather like he had not Only one or two but several heads .

Then to Muhammed who's eyes where bulging out as if he suddenly became choked on peppers, he was also starring at grandfather.

Uncle Qassim state was different. He was completely frozen and and was just staring right back at me. It made me feel a tad bit uncomfortable.

The rest were just looking confused as were we. I mean I was not expecting this reaction but then it is the first time we are meeting and they just found out about us.

This was getting awkward with alternate stares between us and grandfather and atop that no one was saying anything.

Finally I saw recognition in aunt Jalilahs eyes as her gaze settled on me once again " now it makes sense why she looks familiar to me"

" yes zarah takes after her mothers looks" grandfather said. " even some of her personality and behavior is just like her mothers."

After a while grandfather continued " I know the rest of you don't know who Saudat is but she is your relative a very close one too and so are they.

They will be spending their summer holiday with us, getting to know their maternal side and what not."

He turned and looked at the other guy that looked a lot like Muhammed " Samaila from now on I am putting you Khairat in charge of introducing them and getting them properly acquainted with the rest of the family.

I am putting the responsibility on you since you are way more easy going and virtually know everybody by face and name unlike su o-0" he gave Muhammed a sideways glance and smiled.

Grandfather turned to me " well zarah I hope you are ready to be bombarded and overwhelmed as a lot of the family members don't know about you guys and they will be meeting you for the first time".

Jas spoke then " grandfather what about me don't they want to meet me "

"Of course they do . In fact they all are looking forward to meeting you" he pulled her nose and pinched her cheeks while laughing

"So who has anything to say" grandfather asked .

Uncle Qassim cleared his throat and spoke " welcome home Zarah and Aisha I will be looking forward to your time with us and I know we will get get along very well.

I am your mothers first cousin .This is my nuclear family. My wife whom you have met already -Jalilah, my eldest son Muhammed whom you have also met. My second son Ismail Who might be thesame age as you and his twin sister UmmuKhair. I know they are fraternal.

And my youngest pair who are not twins by the way but act like one Aishatu and Jamilah.
I hope this is a start of something great.

Aishatu and Jamilah spoke then. SubhanAllah they even talk alike , like starting and stopping at the same time . They are in a perfect sync and they are not even the twins Wow I thought.

" so let us give you the proper run down and shortest version of the introduction." They turned and looked at one another and then back to us