Strange

"We will be traveling in two days to another province, that area has been greatly affected and people there are in dire need of aid." He sighed and bent his head, you could see how it's affecting him.

My dad has always been a big softie he can't bare to see other people suffering I am sure he is having sleepless nights that's why I am glad my mom is with him cause she gives him strength and hope when he is about to lose his resolve.

I softened my tone before saying "it's really bad isn't it "
He lifted his head and I could see the sheen of tears in his eyes and at that moment my heart felt heavy and tears gathered in my eyes as well
"It's heartbreaking my love. But Alhamdulillah Allah is More Merciful than the way I am feeling."

I dabbed at the conners of my eyes and gave him a weak smile " I think you should stop after this one. It always takes a toll on you -physically and emotionally- when you do this you need to start putting your health into consideration the stress is not good for you."

He gave me a sad smile " I have got you worried huh? I am sorry."

With a worried expression I said "atleast promise me you will consider it." Even though I knew what I was saying was landing on deaf Ears, I still said it anyway.

We have had this conversation before when he almost went into depression after giving aid to refugees whose country had been ravaged by war. Dad couldn't eat, sleep or think properly for a month, he carried so much guilt cause of the blessings in his life that it started to affect us too.

Mom had to drag him go see an Imam at a nearby mosque who gave him a wazzi(preaching) on qadr(destiny) and after a few weeks he became himself again.

"Okay ?"
"Okay honey I will."
"I miss you dad."
"I miss you too sweety. How is the holiday going "
"It's okay, we are meeting new relatives everyday it's almost hard to keep count."
"Yeah your mom has a big family, nothing like mine. That reminds your grandmother wants to talk to you. You should call her soon."

"Grandmama! I miss her something fierce we have a lot to catch up. I will definitely call her tomorrow."

"In shall Allah honey" he reminded me
"Yes in Shaa Allah"

"Where is Jas "

"Let me get her I think she is with Mami" I rose and went to the door. I opened it and leaned out to yell for Jas. She appeared after the second yell with a frown on her face.

"Why are you yelling my name"

I rolled my eyes "c'mon dad's waiting for ya"
She squealed and ran past me to my bed where I left the tab slightly raised. She picked it up and squealed again

"Daddy" he laughed and answered back "hey angel"

I snatched it from her right then and she yelled "hey!"

I narrowed my eyes at her "I am not done, thank you very much. Wait your turn."

I turned back to my dad "Okay dad stay safe love you to infinity and make sure mom calls later it's like she is avoiding talking to us."

"Okay I will. Love you too honey"

"I love you too dad"

"Here is Jas" I sighed and handed my tab over to Jas who started chatting instantly with our dad. Ya Rabb I haven't realized how much I missed them until I saw and heard my dads voice.