Guests?

Present day- Nigeria.
"Wai Ina muhammadu ne" Mtswww. Shi wanna yaran always waste time. I told him we will be traveling today since last week just to avoid this, but look it was of no use.
He spends hours dressing as if he is a woman. Allah shi kyauta de". That was Alhaji Babba ( Abbah) fuming while waiting for his grandson to arrive.

They are traveling together to Abuja- the capital of Nigeria. He was sitting in his parlor with Ammi and Mami but it was clear they did not have the same mirth on their faces as Abbah did. He brought out his cell phone and was about to dial Muhammed's cell while his wives were busy ignoring him when Muhammed salamed into the parlor and squatted immediately to greet his elders. Before he could finish abba descended on him

" Wai Kai yaushe za ka canza. Iyyeh!" He rose turned to both his wives with a smirk on his face and said

"alright my dear wifeys I am off to get my new brides. Make sure the guest room upstairs are cleaned out - he pulled on his ear for more emphasis and said

"remember I said the room upstairs . Tohm". Both of them ignored him, not finding anything funny. He turned to leave but paused again to talk to his wives

" will you not wish me well or have you stopped loving me. Thank Allah the ones  I am bringing back love so very much and they are both young."

Both Mami and Ammi muttered under their breaths reluctantly " a dawo Lafiya". He laughed and touched their heads one at a time and then he gave them both a warm smile reassuring them both and their frowns finally gave way to their smiles. With that they left.

After they left Ammi turned to Mami " do you think Alhaji is serious about his new brides or is it just one of his bad jokes, cause I don't know I love what to think and I could detect some level of seriousness in what he said but am just not sure" .

Mami just sighed and said " Honestly ,I would be lying to you if I said I knew" she sighed again " let's just pray for their return. We will get to find out then, ok ."

Confused further Ammi just nodded and rose " well then let me go and see about the room, don't want him getting angry when he returns " Mami said " especially after a journey, he is nalways a grouch.

Ouch! " she jumped a reflex caused by the pinch Ammi gave her " it's the truth. He has mood swings more than a pregnant woman.

"and he complains that Muhammed behaves like a woman" " I told him it runs in the family ". They hi-5d and laughed.

Meanwhile on the road
" muhammadu how is work nowadays. Are you coping or is the recession affecting you as well."

Muhammed winced a bit, he is the only one that calls him that and he still is not fond of the name. He coughed a bit and said " No. Alhamdulillah, Abbah the company is able to hold out its own in this trying times. So Alhamdulillah. "

Abbah cleared his throat a bit an said " madallah madallah . We will continue to pray for you and this nation. May Allah make it easy on us all." They unifromly said "ameen".

After a few minutes Muhammed cleared his throat once again and asked " Er.... Is it true what you said to Ammi and Mami. "

Abbah busy with his phone asked Muhammed back "which part of it "

Muhammed scratched the back of his neck with one . Muhammed stammered a bit " a ah ah the new brides you talked about."

Abbah chuckled lightly and said " don't you know what happens to curious minds. Anyway don't stress it, you will find out soon enough . It's a surprise for everyone..." He smirked briefly but Muhammed noticed it " especially for you."

Well that got him even more confused. He kept on asking himself what had Abbah meant by that. After much pondering to no avail he gave up and left everything in the hands of Allah swt.

" Yawwa muhammadu ya khalil, you did not bring him today or has he gone to his mothers.

Muhammed smiled " yes. Alhamdulillah he is doing fine. His grandmother asked to watch him me today since aunty Laila's house is filled with way too many people".

" Ahh that's true her daughters wedding date is being set right. Kids are fast growing nowadays. Before you know it, khalil will be the one getting married next" Abbah chuckled and sighed " All thanks is due to Allah... You know, you should also consider remarrying if not for anything you should for your sons sake.

For the sake of your sons tarbbiyah (moral up-bringing). Just compare and see kids from a broken home and kids who live with both their parents, there is a huge difference. At least khalil is still young so you should marry now before he fully understand the difference.

Anyway I won't pressure you but it's an advice you should consider... The earlier the better".

Muhammed did not know how to reply to that so he just nodded his head and Said what he thought was the right reply " in Shaa Allah Abbah. I have taken all you have said to heed and very soon you won't have to worry about me or khalil I promise.

Abbah smiled and muttered under his breath " I promise too".

Hello Hello( in Jim Carrey's voice from Lemony Snicket. So I hope u are enjoying the story so far and I hope it's making sense to you guys . Pls do comment and like if u r enjoying will mean a lot. Thanks🌸❣.