11. Unwanted Visitors

"I never meant to hit her Alexander," Dracula said regretfully before resuming his restless pacing.

Alexander thought that if he ran his hand through his hair again he would definitely pull some strands out. It pained him to the core to see his maker so tormented and agitated.

"I know. She will know too when we find her."

"Do you think she will forgive me? Even I cannot forgive myself right now."

Over the millennia that Alexander had been at Dracula's side he had never seen him as vulnerable as he looked at that moment. It was a miracle; the Elf princess without even trying had made him finally care.

Alexander now knew it was his life duty to find and protect her because he could not for the life of him let this tiny amount of emotion that his master had ever felt to slip away.

"She'll understand. Be honest with her."

Alexander could see he had lost Dracula's attention. His eyes were focused in concentration as he listened to the mind link message one of his vampires was sending him. Suddenly a huge grin that Alexander had never seen before took residence on his master's lips.

"They found her."

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Erinna's head still ached from the dozens of questions having a tea party in her brain; confusion making all coherent thought impossible. She was not even aware of how she had left Mara's cottage.

She faintly recalled her father coming and saying he needed to take her to a different location since it was nightfall. It was the time creatures like Dracula came out to play, preying on the unsuspecting sleeping innocents.

The Elf fortress, Micasa was a secluded cottage very well secured.

"Every Pure Elf is born with two keepers to protect her. That was Angelica and Edward for you. Their bloodline was chosen years ago to guard the Pure Beings. The magic of their ancestors lies in this keep and will protect you."

"They are humans," I pointed out.

"That is part of their disguise. They look and smell humans but they are Elves sworn to protect you and they already felt like they owed me for their child."

Erinna wanted to ask more about Angelica's child but her legs were feeling jelly, nausea suffocating her as she tried to cope with her overwhelming newfound knowledge.

"Sit down and breathe cherie; I'll get you a glass of water."

Since they were alone, Erinna's father was reduced to a servant. He went to get the glass of water as promise but as he handed it to her hand quickly flew to her chest, clasping the area her heart was supposed to be. She felt a sharp unlingering pain, a reminder of something she would rather forget.

Immediately all hope came crashing down to the ground, tumbling in an unsalvageable mess and there was no single thing she could do as she felt all control she had over her life slipping away.

"Erinna?" Her father's voice broke through the haze of pain as she doubled over; trying as much as she could to suck some air into her deoxygenated lungs.

"He's here."

Stopping her voice from trembling was a fit in itself especially when her whole body was shaking. After her last encounter with Dracula she was not sure she wanted to repeat the experience.

The thought filled her with so much fear and trepidation. He had not even been able to play the role of besotted suitor for a day before the mask fell off to reveal the monster within; the wolf in sheep's clothing.