29. Additional Chapter- Making Tea With The Count

First half of this chapter is sort of new so if you want to reread, it won't be repetition. And part of the last half is also new. What am I saying, just read the whole thing lol.

It was around midnight and Erinna was turning over in the bed for the hundredth time when she felt a solid body next to her. Naturally she snuggled up to him before her conscious mind kicked in and made her remember he was not supposed to be there.

"I thought I told you to sleep elsewhere," she exhaled.

"I can't leave you on your own."

"Nor can you spend five minutes without somehow insulting me," she said resentfully, still feeling the bite of his words.

"I didn't mean what I said earlier."

"You never do."

"I was angry. We have made so much progress these past few days; you can't want us to go back where we started."

"There is no us. If there was, you wouldn't speak of me like some whore you picked off the streets."

She refused to look at him, instead lying down with her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes glaring at the ceiling.

He gripped her chin.

"Don't ever use that word in the same sentence as yourself."

"It's only fine when you imply it then?"

"I told you I should not have said that."

She looked at him then.

"You did but what you haven't actually done is apologize."

"I will not grovel, angel."

"Of course not, to do that you would actually have to be capable of genuine remorse."

He flopped back on the bed and didn't say anything more. Erinna rolled her eyes, of course it had been too much to expect. It was not like he could actually bring himself to apologize.

"I'm sorry."

The words were low and quiet and for a minute, Erinna thought she had imagined them.

"What?"

"You are absolutely going to milk this, aren't you?" He groaned and the statement made some of her anger leave her.

She fought off her smile.

"Of course not. If I was, I would tell you I want black roses and cinnamon and honey tea right now."

"Why do people think I'm the cruel one between us?" He gave her an amused smile.

"You brought it on yourself. Now are you making my tea or not?" She said with an uplifted chin, trying to retain her bad mood but keeping grudges simply wasn't in her nature.

She did not want people to run all over her because forgiveness came as easily to her as breathing did to people so she decided to make Vlad work for it a bit.

"I can't cook, Erinna." He groaned, rubbing his eyes with the balls of his palms.

The gesture was unbelievably endearing and made him seem younger than he actually was.

"It's just boiling water and adding tea leaves, honey and cinnamon. How hard can it be?"

He was silent for a while, then a devious smirk broke over his decadently beautiful face.

"If I get you this cinnamon tea, does it mean I'm forgiven?"

"It means I'll think about it."

"Alright, fair enough." He rolled off the bed and landed on his feet gracefully.