40. Shattered Hopes

I don't recommend it, since the other book is heavily unedited but if you really want, the first half of this chapter is available in a more explicit adult version in, Dracula's Tempestuous Bride Steamy Chapters 🔞 so all my smutt babies march over 🙅👉🚪🚶 👣 👣

When I finish my exams I'll probably rewrite this chapter but others mentioned they don't mind reading it unedited so that's why I posted it.

“What do you think about the request of the elves Zane?” Master Alpha Zachary asked his son.

“Does it matter, father?”

“Would I have asked if it didn’t?”

“My opinion or anyone else’s is of no consequence because in the end you will do as you please.”

Zane did not like pointless conversations and he could see this one was on its way to becoming one. Any conversation with his father was like that.

“That’s because there can be only one Alpha, you tend to forget that at times.”

Zane sighed, he wanted to go oversee the training of the new army recruits and his father was delaying him with one of his usual power plays.

“Is there anything in particular you wanted to discuss?”

“My time is coming to an end. I have a decade if not less. I need to secure your position in the pack before I die. I want to make you the master alpha.”

“That’s impossible father, Cole is the oldest and he is a Dark Wolf.”

Werewolf bloodlines had been watered down over the years due to cross breeding with humans.

When Dracula had hunted their race to near extinction, they’d had no choice but to mate with humans to restore their numbers, as a result, a lot of distinct abilities and powers had been lost over the years and most of all, the Dark Wolves had been wiped out.

Dark Wolves were werewolves who could turn any time, with no restrictions of the full moon like the others. They were gifted with powers beyond comprehension, easily making them the strongest in the tribe. Due to their importance to the race, it had been agreed that anytime a Dark Wolf emerged, he would become the Master Alpha automatically.

Zane did not mind becoming second to his half brother, it was the right thing to do for the pack anyway; Cole could protect them in ways he couldn’t.

He had thought even though his father hated his illegitimate son, he would come around when the time was right and give Cole his rightful position as Master Alpha of the packs but clearly the old man had other ideas.

“That’s where the elf princess comes in, this is the opportunity we have been waiting for. With her by your side, no one will question your position as Master Alpha, not even Collen. I’ll be damned before I let that bastard take my throne.”

“Has it occurred to you that she might not even want to marry me? I doubt anyone has even asked her opinion on all this.”

“Even a leper will be better than Dracula, the princess will be grateful for you. You heard them, she’s a Pure Being, Zane, she will bring success to our land such as never been and strengthen your position on the throne. Are you going to deny your people the chance to be fruitful?”

“No father, I’m denying our people the chance to be slaughtered. Everyone knows Dracula is obsessed with his new Countess, I heard he has even killed some of his own, over her. You are waking up a centuries old war, he won’t rest until he gets her back. Do you realise where that’ll leave our people?” Zane asked.