90. Spilled Guts

The last of the sun's rays were saying their farewell when Erinna returned to Castello Dracula.

The castle was just waking up, the vampires rising to face the evening and the humans who had been guarding them, leaving to find their own sleep. Erinna knew the moment she arrived that Vlad was not back yet. His presence had become so distinct to her that she could just feel it when he was not there.

'Vlad?' She reached out to him mentally.

'Good evening, angel. Did you sleep well?'

Erinna's guilt surfaced but she stamped it down. Vlad would understand why she had to deceive him when she told him about everything that she had found out from her trip to Kingdom of Rock. Everything would work out.

'I'm fine. When are you coming home?'

'I think you're trying to say, 'Vlad, I miss you'.'

His absence hit her again, feeling her with longing. He had been away from one night and one day but it felt like forever.

'Of course I do. Don't you miss me too?'

She took off her dress and tried to gather her hair into her hands so that she could take a bath. Without Vlad there to help her dry it, she was going to risk it getting wet. It was so long now that walking around with it wet could only be a nuisance.

'Wouldn't I be rushing back if I did?'

'Vlad!'

Her exclamation drew out a low chuckle from him.

'I miss you, angel. No need to make my brain bleed.'

She was not going to apologize for that. He had brought it on himself.

'So? When are you coming home?'

'We're almost done. I'll be there in three hours or so.'

That was longer than she would have liked. She wanted to see him now, to share the news and let him know that there was hope after all.

Erinna faced the mirror when she was done pining her hair up. The image that faced her was very different from the one she had gotten used to seeing. Her face was fuller and her eyes though no longer bright with the innocence of youth, now shone with the vibrance of a person who knew what it was like to love and be loved. There were new depths to them, from secrets shared and losses encountered. There was also hope in there and it overshadowed all the pain that struggled to show through.

Her skin was still pale, glistening from within. It created a striking contrast for her emerald eyes and dark eyebrows.

Erinna put her hands on the part of her that had changed the most. Her stomach was big enough for it to finally sink in that there was a living being growing in there. Very soon the baby would be there and the thought of holding him or her filled with both fear and anticipation. She had never thought Vlad and her would ever have a baby but they had been given this gift. She was going everything in her power to always make sure the baby knew how special it was.

An idea coming to her mind, Erinna slid her right hand to artfully cover breasts and the other to cover the apex of her thighs then send the mental image to Vlad. It was followed by a string of profanity from him. The bond cried with desire and longing.

'Three hours?' She bit her lip to withhold her laughter from his violent reaction.

'Two hours, angel. Matter of fact, make it one hour.'

Poor Lierian and her parents. Vlad was going to be driving them hard.

'I can't stay like this for one hour. Maybe next time.' She teased him in a regretful tone.