20. Not A Romantic Guy

Dracula walked into his bedchambers where his bride had summoned him. He wanted to hope that she had had a change of heart and was willing to explore the connection between them but he didn't dare.

By the scared witless expression on the face of the guard she had sent to call him, she was probably ready to swallow coals and spit them in his face.

He could feel the anger pulsing through her even before he saw her and like some twisted bastard, he was looking forward to seeing his queen in a vengeful mood- who could blame him? Erinna was beautiful on an everyday basis but when she was angry...the very thought of it set him ablaze.

"You lied to me," she glared, green eyes burning with a fire that threatened to devour.

The wind that was blowing in from the open balcony doors intensified the effect of her anger, blowing her long hair so that she indeed looked like a vengeful goddess. Every part of her was vibrating in anger.

Her cheeks were flushed, plump lips trembling with anger and blood flow accelerated. His body turned to brick. Angry Erinna was not a far outcry from aroused Erinna, maybe that's why she was his favourite.

"You'd have to specify angel since you seem to believe I'm always lying to you," he said with a cold smile, trying to distract himself from the urge to lay her down and drink the dark essence flowing in her veins. In her anger, her blood was flowing so close to the surface.

What he would do to pierce that tender soft flesh with his fangs...

"You promised to forfeit the execution." It was more accusation than statement.

Agh, those stupid ten maids again? They were certainly being talked about in his household more than they deserved.

"Do you have reason to doubt my words?" he asked mildly, his mind on anything but what she was saying.

What would it take for her to let him have a taste of her blood? If it was half as good as her mouth.....

"I had a vision."

He grew more alert now. Though his bride had not learnt how to control her visions yet, they were the most powerful on the whole surface of the Earth and he would be damned if he didn't pay attention.

"Let me guess? Me holding a giant scissors and cutting your precious Angelica in half?" He smiled.

Well, that wasn't entirely a joke; he had considered it a couple of times.

"You are disgusting."

And her expression showed it all.

"But I haven't even told you about body saw yet," he pouted.

"The first time it was a dream and I ignored it. But today I had a vision."

"What did you see?"

"Bloodshed. At your hands," she glared.

He grinned; relieved it wasn't something as dramatic as her father trying to rescue her again because that fool was as tenacious as a tick. It was now certain relations with his father-in-law would always be less than amiable which was probably for the best because Dracula couldn't see himself licking anyone for approval. They either liked him or they didn't.

"But that's hardly news, angel. It's like predicting the sun will rise; it's a given."

"Are you killing Angelica?"

He was going to lose it if he heard that damned name one more time.

"I don't go back on my word."

At least to her.