Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six

Three weeks after Alison's funeral Ezra and I were going house hunting. For me, the baby and for Ezra. It was gonna be the beginning of my new life the beginning of my future. I was looking forward to it but I was afraid I was growing up too fast. I was now 19 weeks pregnant and growing more by the day. I was getting more attached to this baby every day and I couldn't believe how lucky I was. I had the best friends I could ever ask for. I had the best boyfriend ever and I have a baby on the way.

When I woke up on a Saturday morning I was laid in Hanna's bed with her laid next to me. What happened last night? Why am I cuddled into Hanna? I was confused and too tired to move but I knew I had to. I had to meet Ezra at his apartment at 10:00am for the first house viewing. I really wanted the girls to come with us to help us pick a house suitable for the baby. But they insisted it was something that Ezra and I should do alone.

"Morning." Hanna said groggily and I sighed turning to her.

"Morning." I repeated. "What am I doing in your bed?" I asked her. I was curious on how I managed to get into her bed. I couldn't remember anything from the night before.

"You said you had cramps. You took some meds but I didn't want you alone after taking them in case you had a reaction so I put you in with me." She explained. "I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm babying you. I don't mean to."

"No it's fine. I just couldn't remember anything after dinner last night." I told her.

"I'm not surprised. After you took the meds, you were pretty out of it, you were talking a bunch of nonsense. You wasn't making any sense. It was pretty funny." She giggled and I smiled.

"Well I feel better now, I need to get up, I have houses to view today." I said pushing my self up ad out of the bed. I went to my part of the wardrobe and I picked out some clothes to wear. I chose a pair of skinny jeans and a purple and black leopard print top baggy top. That way, my bump wasn't noticeable. I knew that you couldn't see it unless you were looking for it, but I didn't want to take that chance. I was already taking a chance going out in public with Ezra to look for a house.

"What type of house are you looking for?" She asked as I stepped out of the bathroom.

"I'm not sure." I replied. "Just one I can raise a baby in."  

"You can raise a baby in any house. You could raise the baby here. My Mom won't mind." She suggested. That thought had crossed my mind but I didn't want to be a burden or have to rely on others. I liked being independent and I liked the idea of having a house of my own to share with Ezra and our unborn baby.

"I know and I love you for that but I want to show everyone I'm mature enough to have this baby and make it on my own." I told her with a smile.

"You don't have to prove it to anyone. Everyone who loves you already knows you're amazing and mature." She told me as we walked down the stairs into the kitchen for some breakfast before a busy day.

"I know but I have to think about Ezra too. People won't take that lightly when they find out. He could end up in jail and I would have to raise this kid as a single Mother and I really don't want to do that." I told her sitting at the kitchen Island.

"I know, but we'll figure that out when the time comes." She said and poured some milk into my cereal. We both ate in silence not really having anything more to say in the conversation. It was depressing and I had more things to think about today. That conversation could wait.

Once we had both finished our breakfast, we sat in the living room watching a little bit of TV waiting for Ezra to arrive. "What are you doing today?" I asked Hanna.