Chapter 40: Pesky Feelings

Happy Almost New Year Everyone! I hope that 2017 brings you all many wonderful things.

Please note: SLIGHT ADULT CONTENT!

*This scene takes place when Elena attempts to provoke Stefan into admitting he has feelings for her. What follows next is a few pieces of missing clothes and some sexy times. *

Enjoy & thanks so much for reading.

Missing Scene: Pesky Feelings

She's covered in dirt from Duke and her car won't start as she slams her hands against the steering wheel in frustration.

Elena would ask him to come outside to check it. However, with the way she just left things. She isn't really sure it'd be a good idea. So, instead she leans her face against the steering wheel and allows her forehead to activate the horn. It's blaring when he runs outside, shaking his head. He's still pissed off at her for dragging mud throughout his freshly cleaned floors. But, the truth is that part of him feels a little sorry for her. She looks exhausted and he can tell by the look in her eyes when he knocks loudly on the car door's window, watching her raise her head up with a displeased look upon her face.

"What do you want?" She asks, remembering that just hours earlier he said he wasn't going to be paying her if she was going to be tracking mud inside of his house and coming to see him with an attitude that was anything but pleasant.

"I'd like to know why your head is honking the horn of your car?" Stefan asks point blank, crossing his arms over his chest as Elena glances up at him, a foolish grin upon her face. He takes a step back when the door opens up and she steps out, rolling her eyes.

"I was trying to leave your house and my stupid car won't start. So, here I am. Stuck." Elena comments, shaking her head as Stefan lets out a little bit of a laugh and goes to stand in front of her car, lifting up the hood.

"Do you think it's a dead battery?" He asks her as she shrugs her shoulders. She's regretting not taking Jeremy up on those car 101 lessons that he had been pressuring her to know before she left for Florida. Because, surely, they would have been really useful right about now.

"How about you come inside until I can call someone that I know to get your car towed. Because, it doesn't seem like it's the battery." Stefan tells her after she's attempted to try and start the car for the fifth time in a row already.

"Okay." She says in a reluctant tone. She's still covered in mud from earlier in the day and Stefan quickly notices it because he's glancing at her legs and her butt when she steps out of the car and begins to walk in front of him.

Stefan steps in front of her when the door opens and Elena steps inside. "Let me go get you a towel. You can use one of my t-shirts too to replace that nasty one you're wearing." He comments, disappearing into his bedroom and getting Elena a fresh t-shirt and towel.

"I can shower this crap off in your bedroom?" She asks him, hearing as he lets out a laugh, tossing a towel and a thin white t-shirt in her direction.

"What's wrong, Gilbert? Does the idea of that make you feel all gross?" He asks her, tilting his head to the side as she exhales deeply and raises her furrowed brows at him.

"No, it's fine. Nothing's wrong. Thank you." Elena says, brushing past Stefan and going straight towards his bathroom. "If you need anything else, just holler." He says over his shoulder as she watches him make his way into the kitchen, telling her that he's going to make something for them to eat since it seems as if she's going to be there for a while.