Chapter Sixteen

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Sixteen

"I need your help...I know that you said you hated hot weather. But, this is big and I need someone on my side who isn't influenced by all the others." Rebekah explained with an urgency over the phone as she rested it between her shoulder and her left ear, picking up her clothes that were scattered all across the condo from the night before as she stepped into the kitchen.

"What is it that I want you to do? Well, I guess you'll have to wait and see. Listen, just get here as soon as you can. I could use an ally in my little plan against my ex husband and you're the only person who I can trust right now." Rebekah said, hanging up the phone and huffing out a breath as she leaned her hands against the stainless steel sink. She couldn't get her mind off of Stefan and his words last night to her. But, there was something in his tone that made her smile and laugh a little.

"Two can play this game." She mumbled to herself, stepping out of the kitchen and grabbing her cell phone once again, flipping through the news headlines on it as she stopped at one stop that made her stomach tighten and her eyes roll. "Chief Executive Officer for SD Realty, Damon Salvatore's wife, Katherine Takes Over…"

"Bitch!" Rebekah uttered out, clutching her cell phone into her hands and pivoting on her heels. She exhaled heavily and continued reading the article. "After years of speculation and finally the confirmation of divorce just last year, Rebekah Salvatore- Mikaelson was voted out of her former husband's real estate business late last night. Due to-." She stopped, shutting her eyes and gritting down on her teeth.

"Who prints this garbage!" Rebekah shouted with a wave of her hand, pacing around the condo and biting down on her nails, repeating to herself that she needed a plan.

That's when she texted her ally back and wrote. Change of plans. Meet me at the real estate offices once you get closer to Miami. I can't wait for Katherine to see your face..She won't know what to do with herself when she see's you again..Trust me...She is going to love it. Rebekah texted, smirking to herself as she walked through the condo and straight to the showers, getting ready to go down to Stefan and Damon's office and prepare to execute her first plan of attack against them both.

"So, what do you think?" Damon asked Katherine, watching as she spun around in the dark brown office chair that she was sitting in. "The fifth floor really is impressive. The street and everyone below us, looks so small." Katherine replied, looking down and out the large glass windows and admiring the view as she felt the sun hit her face. Damon chuckled, the door closing behind him when he entered into his wife's new office and sat on the edge of the oak desk.

"Did you ever picture anything like it?" He asked her, noticing a small smile form across her lips when she shook her head, no.

"I never dreamed of anything like this. My name is on the door, Damon. My name..Katherine Salvatore. It's written in pretty letters and it's all shiny. I love it, I love it so much. Baby, thank you, for this..For everything you've done to help me get here." She told him truthfully, pushing herself up off the chair and walking over to where Damon sat, his hands in his lap, shrugging his shoulders. Katherine smiled even wider at his confidence, like getting his wife through the doors of the large cooperation wasn't that much of a big deal.

"It was pretty easy, a piece of cake really. Once I told them how hot you were and showed them your picture, all the board members were like "Get her an office, now!" Damon joked, hearing Katherine laugh as she took a hold of Damon's hand and smiled up at him, leaning in to kiss his lips. But, when she did so, they both froze at the sound coming through the intercom on Katherine's desk. A buzzing noise was heard and then her secretary spoke. " Sorry to interrupt, Mrs. Salvatore. There's a woman here to see you. She says her name is Rebekah."