Chapter Thirty- Four

A/N: Enjoy all! Not really sure how much longer this story will go. But, as long as you all continue to read it and find it interesting, I will keep writing it. :) As always, thanks to all of you who are reading, have reviewed, favorited and followed this story.

Follow me on twitter for updates at: BePassionate_24

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Thirty- Four

"Damon, I need something to do." Katherine whined, bursting into her husbands office as he sat with his feet on his desk, looking over a file in his lap that contained their finances while he glanced over them with a stressful gaze. Damon's face softened though when he heard Katherine's voice echoing throughout his quiet office room.

Damon leaned his head back, grinning and watching her cross her arms over chest. Katherine didn't do well with being bored and it was starting to show. It had a been a little over a week since Stefan had left and she was starting to lose it. With having barely any clients or houses to sell, Katherine was becoming desperate in trying not to lose her mind.

"You miss him, don't you?" She could hear Damon ask as she shook her head. They hadn't really ever been that close up until a few months ago when she swore Stefan's life was heading for a derailment and the only thing that seemed to be helping him was her tough love and advice.

"A little." Katherine admitted shyly. Damon watched from the comer of his eye as his wife plopped down into the brown suede chair behind her, exhaling deeply. "I don't know what to do without your brother, Damon. Who am I supposed to, counsel and make fun of?" She asked, sounding pretty sad in her tone. Katherine had been trying to figure things out with being new to the real estate world, occupying her time with taking care of Izzie and trying to teach Caroline all she needed to know about being a receptionist. Although, even after all of that she still felt like something was missing. And, now she was finally coming to realize that it was Stefan!

"Tease and make fun of Caroline, Enzo, Klaus. The list is endless, sweetie." Damon winked, watching her lean her head back and stare up at the ceiling, groaning loudly.

"I just...Okay, I miss your brother terribly and I think it was a horrible idea for him to stay in Portland with Elena." Katherine paused for a minute, trying to rephrase her words. "I know that she needs him. But, we need him here too. This place can't run properly with just the three of us. You, me and Klaus."

Damon sighed deeply, closing his eyes. "What if we could sell it? The business, I mean."

Katherine stomped her foot loudly on to the carpet underneath her feet, her eyes rolling as she stammered out. "What did you just say?"

She watched Damon shrug his shoulders back. "Everyone's moving on, Katherine. Maybe we should too. Stefan's building a life with Elena in a different state, Klaus has enough money in his damn bank account to where he'll probably never have to have a real job, ever. Caroline, I have no idea what her deal is. And, then there's me and you. We're left behind with this business that is starting to go under because we aren't getting as many clients as we used too. The only person nowadays that seems interested in us is Lexi Branson." Damon explained, watching Katherine's nose crinkle.

"News of us wanting to sell would get Stefan back here quicker." Her eyes lit up at the realization as she jumped up from her seat and ran over to stand beside Damon, kissing his lips before he could add anything else in. Damon backed away though, caressing her cheek while he shook his head. "That's not what I meant. This was our father's dream, not ours. I wanted to go into accounting and a regular job, you know that. Stefan on the other hand wanted to be a family man with Rebekah. He never wanted all the fame that somehow managed to come with his job title."