Chapter Eight

Enjoy reading & thank you all for being patient with me!

Follow me for updates to my stories on twitter at:Be_Passionate24

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Eight

Elena cringed at the sound of his voice, laughing behind her as she turned back around towards the blonde named Caroline and took a gulp of her drink. She wanted to disappear. But, it was already too late when she felt his hand on her shoulder. "Miss Gilbert? Taking a day off from ruining people's day, are we?"

She glared over at him, watching as Stefan and another tall looking man sat down beside her on the left side of empty bar stools. Elena didn't reply, instead she took another sip and locked her eyes on to Caroline. "Can I get another one of these? Two, actually." Elena commented, trying to ignore Stefan's intense gaze that had fallen upon her.

"Shouldn't you take it easy on those?" He questioned with a laugh, nudging the guy that sat beside him who was laughing as he leaned into Stefan and told him to leave her alone.

"Shouldn't you be babysitting that dog or nursing your broken heart over your wife leaving you?" Elena shot back, attempting to get up from her seat as she turned her back towards him and just when she was about to leave. She felt a his hand lightly graze her wrist, his lips suddenly against her ear. "I'm just kidding with you, Elena. Lighten up. It's nice to see you…." His voice trailed off as stepped back from her and watched her spin around, Klaus and Caroline both staring at their tense gazes without saying a word.

"Whatever you're trying to do. It isn't working. So, excuse me . But, I need to go." Elena told him, pushing away from him as she stormed back towards the bathrooms and heard his footsteps follow her.

"Wait. Look, I'm sorry for being such a jerk to you. How about I make it up to you? How about you come back to work for me and this time, we'll take it slow and I won't be a total jackass." He suggested, watching Elena pivot on her heels as she rolled her brown eyes at him.

"You want me to come back and work for you? Not a chance. Find someone else. Because, I'm not interested. It's not worth my time or your money." Elena stated, huffing out a breath and watching Stefan's nose crinkle as he rubbed his hands over his face. "Please, Elena. I need you. Look, I was wrong to think that I didn't." He confessed, hearing Elena let out a laugh.

"You need me? Are you seriously that desperate for someone to take that dog. I have an idea, how about you give him back to your ex-wife?" Elena hissed, watching Stefan take a step towards her, shrugging his shoulders back as he bite down on his lower lip.

"Because, I've realized that he's not that bad and my ex-wife and I..We're not really on speaking terms. Listen, how about I bring him by to your aunt's salon tomorrow and we can talk about you coming back to work for me over a cup of coffee and a walk on the beach." Stefan offered as Elena locked her eyes on to him, shaking her head.

"I have plans and you'd go to jail if you showed up there again. Remember? My aunt kind of hates you." She suddenly blurted out as Stefan sighed out a breath, smiling a little.

"Yeah. Well, it seems like that runs in the family between you guys a lot, hating me and all. Um, there's a coffee shop around your aunt's salon that I frequent. How about we meet there?" Stefan asked, a bit of desperation in his tone as he watched Elena run her hands through her pin straight hair and she inhaled sharply, glancing down at the floor for a moment, allowing herself to really think about her answer.

"It's just coffee and a walk on the beach. It's not a date." Stefan quickly corrected as she locked her eyes on to him and looked past him, noticing the guy that he had came with was flirting it up with Caroline who was now behind the counter.