Chapter Twenty- Nine

Anyways, here's chapter 29.

Follow me on Twitter for updates or just to chat about my stories at: BePassionate_24

Thanks once again for reading!

Must Love Dogs Chapter Twenty- Nine

"You're lying to yourself." Bonnie pointed out bluntly as they placed some of the things that Elena had gotten for her apartment in the car. She watched as Elena slowly turned around, leaning her body against the closed trunk door.

"What are you talking about?" Elena questioned, wide eyes and pursed lips.

"You act like you don't want him, like you don't need him. Because, falling in love with him scares you and I understand that. But, Elena. Stop lying to yourself and just admit it. You are miserable without Stefan and you do need him as much as he probably needs you." She pointed out, causing the brunette to gawk at her.

Maybe Bonnie was right, it was time to stop avoiding her suppressed feelings and finally face them. "I should call him then, talk to him." Elena replied, glancing down at the ground as she shuffled her feet and turned to take her keys out from her purse. Bonnie placed her hand on top of Elena's quickly. "Yeah, you should. Because, he's probably just as sad as you are. Don't lie to me, I know you and I know that being back home is what you want. Although, being here all alone isn't what you thought you were going to get."

Elena closed her eyes, spinning her keys around her finger as she pushed away from the car and sighed deeply. "I knew getting into the deal that he and I made that I wasn't going to be in Florida for very long. I just- I guess I didn't realize that I was going to fall for him as quickly as I did."

"It happens." Bonnie shrugged, pulling the car door handle on the passenger side before getting in and watching Elena follow her movements.

"So..." Elena's voice trailed off as she turned towards Bonnie who was smiling at her.

"Don't go on the date with Matt." Bonnie suddenly blurted out, watching as Elena lifted her eyebrows at her in surprise.

"It's not a date. It's just dinner with an old friend. Who happens to be my ex boyfriend." Elena corrected, hearing Bonnie laugh.

"An ex boyfriend who didn't really break things off with you. I saw him today, he had that hopeful look in his eyes that you two are going to recoil things. Elena, you need to make it clear to him that you aren't interested." She heard her best friend advise as she started the car up and it came to life with a loud roaring sound.

Elena nodded, backing out of the parking lot and thinking about Bonnie's words. "I'll call him when I get home." She said, dropping the subject and hoping that Bonnie would as well.

"Good." She simply said, glancing out the window as they drove back to Elena's apartment in silence, the thought of Stefan not far from her mind.

It was late, almost everyone had gone home and yet, Stefan was still working on paperwork. His office the only one on the whole floor still with the lights brightly lighting up the room when Katherine sauntered into it, sliding his cell phone back to him before she sat down across from his desk and crossed her legs over one another.

"I called her. Told her that if she doesn't come back that I'm going to send you to her in a care package." Katherine winked, leaning back into her chair and giving Stefan a sour look as he continued writing.

"Did you hear anything that I just said." She asked him with agitation, pushing up from her seat and tapping her nails against his desk.

After a few minutes. He finally looked up, deadlocking his eyes on to her. "I'm working, Katherine." Stefan said in a stern tone, causing Katherine to become a bit more irritated.