Chapter Seven

Hope you all enjoy Ch.7!

Thanks so much for reading.

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Seven

He held her tightly, her staggered breathing filling his ears as she wrapped her arms around him and he smiled to himself as Katherine's lips kissed his neck, her warm and sweet kisses leaving a trail against his skin when her feet hit the ground and she pushed them back into the bathroom, smiling to herself as Damon moved a strand of her hair behind her ears, staring directly into her eyes.

"I love you." He said, firmness in his tone as she blinked her eyes at him. It had been so long since he had sincerely meant those words, had truly and convincing told her that he loved her that Katherine had briefly forgotten what it was like to hear them leave his lips.

"I love you too, Damon." She whispering, her mouth just inches away from his as she tried to catch her breath when his arms pulled her closer and she stumbled back against the sinks counter top in the bathroom.

Katherine gasped as she felt his hands roam down to her thighs and he hoisted her up onto the counter top, his hands swiping away all of her facial and bath products all over the floor.

"Someone's going to need to organize that again." She said with a laugh as Damon leaned into her, whispering softly against her lips before he left a sweet and tender kiss upon them. "We can do it later."

"I'm telling you that I'm not the problem here, you are. You guys are overpriced and not very professional!" Stefan shouted into his cell phone as he hung up the phone and nearly threw it across the room. Calling Rebekah to try and take Duke back at this point seemed fairly impossible because he had tried calling her the whole day and she still hadn't picked up. But, it was his only option after he had called way too many boarding kennels and nearly all of them had said that they were filled for months in advance and that they couldn't take dogs on such short notice.

Stefan exhaled deeply as he leaned against the desk in his office and called his ex-wife, hoping that she would answer the only phone number of hers that he still had. He held his breath as the phone rang and just when it did, she answered in a sweet and overly cheerful tone.

"Stefan. It's been far too long. So, how are you holding up. How's my baby, Duke?" Rebekah questioned as Stefan sighed out a breath and looked outside the window.

"He's destroying my life, Rebekah! I can't go anywhere without him because I'm afraid he'll eat my expensive clothes, he's outside right now digging a hole the size of a crater in the middle of my backyard because I gave him a bone..I want you to come back and get him! I want you to tell me where you are...Please." Stefan nearly begged her as he heard her exhale deeply before she suddenly added. "I'm not coming back,Stefan. Our divorce is finalized and I'm moving on with my life, as you should too. Goodbye, Stefan and do something about the dog. Take him to the beach or something, he likes that...He likes the water." Rebekah concluded before she hung up the phone and Stefan was left with the buzzing of the phone line in his ears.

He slammed his hands against his desk in frustration as he glanced back outside and straightened himself out as he walked out of his office and to the backyard. Stefan knelt down near the door, Duke's red leash in his hands as he whistled, capturing the dogs attention almost instantly.

"Hey Duke! You wanna go on a car ride?" Stefan asked in a high pitched tone as the dog ran towards him, his ears flopping as he ran, his tongue hanging to one side as he almost crashed into Stefan from all of his excitement.

"Alright, let's go out together tonight. You just- You have to promise me that you'll be on your best behavior." Stefan warned as Duke began to play with the leash in his hands and he sighed out a breath, smiling to himself as he thought about where he was going to take him. Maybe Rebekah was right, the beach would be just the place to take the dog, maybe they could finally bond with each other.