Chapter Thirty

A/N: I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you guys for being patient with me. The start of school has officially started for me and I'm working again. So, I'll be trying very hard in between my hectic schedule to bring you all updates that aren't too spread out.

Anyways, enjoy & thank you guys for reviewing, following and favoriting this story. :)

Please feel free to leave me a review.

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Thirty-

"That brother of my husband's...Is a disaster!" Katherine said, picking at her blueberry muffin and glancing down at it as she shrugged.

"I thought you were on a diet, no carbs." Klaus replied, pulling the handle to the fridge as they both glanced over at each other in silence. He watched as she spun around and slide off of the bar stool, rolling her eyes. "The stress of babysitting Stefan makes me eat them, damn it!" Katherine grumbled, stealing Klaus's coffee cup off the kitchen counter and yawning. It was a little past 10 o clock in the morning on a Friday and Katherine had just dropped Izzy off at Maria's so that her daughter could spend some quality time with her grandmother.

"What are you even doing here?" Klaus asked her in a curious tone and with an even more intriguing glance. Damon and Stefan had only been gone for two days and Katherine was seeming to fall apart a little without her husband there. She licked her lips and sighed out a breath, pressing her back against the counter and then hearing what sounded like a woman's voice coming from the hallway, she was humming a tune. Although, once their eye's met, she instantly stopped.

"Kat..Kather...Katherine!" Caroline stammered out, tightening her light yellow colored robe around her waist and placing her arms across her chest as she stared back at the brunette who was now sipping away at the hot steaming mug of coffee in her hands.

Caroline watched as Katherine smiled a little, staring back over at Klaus and then turning her attention once more back to the stunned blonde who was half naked, standing in Stefan's living room.

"So, how long have you two been sleeping together?" Katherine questioned with a smirk, hearing Klaus choke out a breath and spit his coffee out in to the sink.

"We...um..." Klaus's voice trailed off as Katherine tapped her nails against the granite counter top and sighed out a loud exhale. "Don't answer that. Because to be honest, I don't care and I'm the least bit interested in finding out."

Caroline tapped her bare feet against the flooring in Stefan's house and glanced over at her. "It's not what you think. We just came over here because my shower is broken at my apartment and Stefan had given me a spare key to his house for emergencies." Katherine laughed a little, running her fingers though her hair as her lips turned into a straight line.

"I hope you sanitized that bath tub because Stefan's been a bit playful in there with some very gross looking women." Caroline's face turned pale as Klaus coughed loudly, watching Katherine shrug her shoulders back as she stepped towards Caroline and smiled. "Guess you should have stayed in your apartment. Because, this place is crawling with all sorts of gross germs since that trainer girl Elena left him. My husband's little brother has been a mess. Although, I'm hoping that being away from here will force him to pull himself together a bit."

Katherine took a step in between them both. Caroline was still standing in the living room and Klaus was behind the counter in the kitchen as they watched her lock her eyes on them with a grin. "Speaking of trainer girl. Which one of you is going to help me in finding her aunt a new place to work at since that disgrace of an ex wife of Stefan's ruined everything that they had?"