Chapter Eleven

Hope you like this chapter and please feel free to follow me on Twitter at: BePassionate_24 for updates!

Thanks for reading!

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Eleven

"Elena! Wake up...Good morning!" Jenna shouted, walking over to the set of red blinds in the guest bedroom that Elena was in and opening them as the sun shined in and she heard Elena groan.

"Your cell phone has been ringing off the hook for the last 20 minutes. Did you forget to be somewhere?" Jenna questioned, watching Elena roll over on to the other side of the bed, pulling the red crimson covers over her head, ignoring Jenna's questions until she asked a few that caused Elena's head to lift off the pillow and her body to lurch forward.

"What happened last night? How did things go with 'Mr. Hot Shot Salvatore?' Jenna asked her, sitting on the small full sized bed near Elena's feet as she looked over at her niece who's eyes were wide with worry. "Shit! Shit..Shit...Shit! I'm late!" Elena grumbled in a panic, jumping off the bed and nearly tripping over herself as she walked over to her dresser and yanked out a pair of jeans and a dark blue t-shirt, quickly slipping it over her head.

"Elena, what are you late for and, will you stop ignoring my questions. What happened last night with the two of you?" Jenna asked her, watching carefully when Elena slowly pivoted on her heel, replaying last night's events in her head...all the way up to the point where they….They kissed..She remembered that pretty damn well!

"We, walked on the beach..Talked about business, I made it clear that I don't really want anything from him, he flirted with me and then he dropped me off here." Elena reiterated, glancing down at the floor- feeling her cheeks become heated.

"Elena, you're leaving something out. Don't lie to me- no matter what it is..Wait, did you sleep with him?" She heard her aunt ask, causing a hearty laugh to erupt out of Elena's mouth when she looked over at Jenna. "No! He kissed me and it was good. But-" She paused, looking over at her aunt who was rubbing her face with her hands and falling back against Elena's unmade bed.

"He kissed you? Oh thank god that's all he did. I thought I was going to have to send the dogs, Samson and Lily out with Ric to go hunt him down and kick his ass!" Jenna joked, getting up from Elena's bed as she watched her niece flinch when she passed by her. "Relax, Elena. I was kidding. I'll leave you the keys to the jeep to get to his house. Since, I'm assuming that's who called you about 5 times already." Jenna winked, walking out of Elena's room without another word and leaving her to stare down at her phone that was on the bed.

"Elena, listen...I'm sorry for, kissing you." Stefan said, stumbling over his own words as he turned to see Klaus leaning against the door frame to his office, running his hands through his hair.

"You're apologizing for kissing her? Stefan, what is wrong with you, mate. You should be happy she didn't slap you." Klaus commented to him, pushing himself away from the door with a smirk and a cup of coffee in his hands.

"Yeah, I am...All she wanted was to talk about us being business partners and now, she isn't answering any of my calls since last night. What am I going to-" Stefan began to say as he and Klaus stopped, hearing a frantic knock against the front door.

"Is that-" Klaus began to say, watching Stefan push past him and run towards the front door, leaning against it with his black slacks on and a white t-shirt, clearing his throat as he spoke.

"Good Morning, Miss Gilbert. Come in, Duke's in the backyard." He told her, stepping aside when Elena stepped inside of the house and closed the front door behind her, smiling up at Stefan as he did the same, throwing an amused look towards Klaus.