Chapter Nineteen

A/N: I don't really know what to think about this update. All I know is that things get pretty heated towards the end of it. ;)

Must Love Dogs- Chapter Nineteen

"Damon called." Caroline told Klaus, turning back around when Klaus tapped her on the shoulder as he playfully grabbed his phone from her hands, running his finger purposefully over her wrist.

"He must of called when you attacked me in the airplane, love." Klaus replied, raising his eyebrows at her as Caroline glared over at him.

"I didn't attack you. I kissed you because I wanted to." She replied, proud of herself at her actions on the plane when they had landed. The glistening in her blue eyes made Klaus shake his head.

"You wanted to?" Klaus asked her, sounding as if he was surprised by it.

"Of course I did. This may come as a shock to you, Klaus. But, I like you. A lot. And, when two people like each other, they act upon it." Caroline commented, tugging her suitcase behind her towards the awaiting SUV that Klaus had rented for them.

"I'm not stupid, Caroline. I've known that you have feelings for me for a few days now. You're bad at hiding them. So, what do you suppose we do about that?" Klaus asked her, watching her stop in her tracks. She was standing near the door of the car, looking back at him with a shrug of her shoulders. Her teeth dug into her bottom lip as she glanced up to see that Klaus was now standing near her, blinking his eye lashes rapidly.

"I don't know. You're a nice guy. But, I don't want to rush things because I want to get to know you more and-." The brushing of his finger against her lips stopped her thoughts instantly when she looked at him, a stunned expression on her face.

"We don't need to rush things. Caroline, if you want to date me. All you have to do is tell me." He told her with a playful gaze, leaning into her and kissing her cheek softly. Caroline swallowed down her own words, her eyes locked on to his as she opened her mouth to say something. Although, just when she was about to add more into what had turned into a tense conversation between them. Klaus's cell phone rang and he answered it.

She watched him step away from her, mouthing to her to hold her thoughts as he turned back around and spoke into the phone. " I just got back home and it's late. What do you want, Rebekah? I'm fairly busy right now and you're ruining my mood."

"I want you to meet me for a drink, we have some things to discuss." Rebekah told him quickly.

Klaus rolled his eyes, huffing out a breath and turning back to Caroline. His eyes were apologetic when he added. "Fine, let me just got drop my things off at Stefan's house and I'll meet you at that bar where his friend, Caroline works." He said simply, winking over at Caroline as she shrugged her shoulder back, seeing him hang up his phone briskly.

"You've met my sister, right?" Klaus asked Caroline, watching her nod. Of course she had met, Rebekah. She never liked her though however she reserved that small detail for herself.

"Well, I'm going to drop you off back at your place and then, I have to go meet with her about something she clearly won't tell me much about. I swear, she is a pain in my ass." Klaus explained with a smile as Caroline exhaled deeply. "I want to go with you." She stated, seeing Klaus's head snap up so that his gaze was locked on to hers.

"It's boring family stuff." He told her. Caroline nodded.

"It's fine. Besides, I'm sure Rebekah would love to see me again. It's been a while." She commented, grabbing a hold of the car keys that were dangling from Klaus's hands with a smile on her face.