Chapter 12

Your POV

I woke up and stared at the colorless ceiling, the strong scent of disinfectants flowing through my nose with every breath, and the, surprisingly cold, metal needle sticking out of my arm.

If you haven't figured it out already I'm still in the hospital. And very annoyed that I was.

I sat up groaning and looking around the room, only to have my eyes land on the large figure sleeping at my bedside. I smiled a little and ruffled the figures hair.

Now being half awake I hadn't taken in the appearance of the figure until after what I had done.

OH MY GOD I RUFFLED MORI'S HAIR!!

WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING!

I scooted farther away from him as he started to lean up.

Oh man did I wake him?? Is he going to think I'm a stalker?

Now my real question is, where did all this paranoia come from? And why do I care what Mori thinks? Oh god... I'm catching these things... I believe they're called,

Feelings.

I let out a deep breath and muster the sweetest smile I can. He looks at me with tired eyes and gives me a small smile.

"Wait... have you been here all night?" I ask suddenly wondering why he was still here.

Yesterday was the day that everything happened so I figured Mori would have gone home by now.

His eyes widen and he becomes a mess, its very unlike him but its adorable. I giggle as he still tries to come up with some sort of excuse for his presence.

"Well I um... you were... I just wanted-" he stops and lets out a heavy sigh getting his thoughts together most likely.

"Yeah." he finishes.

I laugh and then a comfortable silence goes about the room.

"How long was I out?" I ask suddenly and look outside to see it's darker.

"Well it's Christmas Eve, so I'd say about 2 to 3 days."

"What?!" I exclaim. I guess yesterday wasn't when it happened.

"Yeah, the doctors say that you had run yourself into critical dehydration seeing that you were dehydrated before the running. Not to mention they said you haven't eaten much from tests they took." he finished with serious look that had formed into one of concern as well.

"How come you're so talkative? " I ask suddenly to change the subject.

"I'm just tired." he says plainly.

"I'm sorry and thank you." he looks up at me with a confused look on his face.

"What are you sorry for?" he asks.

"For putting you and everyone else through this." I replied and played with the hem of the hospital blanket.

He shakes his head "you're worth going through all of this whether you know it or not, we care about you, especially me." he gets quiet towards the end but I hear every word loud and clear.

I blush and continue to play with the blanket hem to avoid his gaze. Then I almost forget the reason why I'm here.

"Oh right! Is Haruhi ok??" he nods his head and sort of looks disappointed.

I sigh in relief and allow myself to fall back on the plastic like bed. I surprisingly find myself falling asleep again before I hear:

'I love you'

~few hours later~

When I wake up, I practically scream when everyone, even Haruhi, are surrounding the hospital. A little too close for comfort.

There each holding a box with shiny metallic wrapping paper and bright colored bows. Honey is jumping up and down in excitement and Tamaki is scolding the twins about something once again.

Then I noticed the room around me was decorated in everything Christmas. Garland was hung around the ceiling trim, lights were on the hospital door on the inside so I could see, and they even managed to fit a fully decorated Christmas tree in the room with plenty of tinsel and bulbs.

Kyoya was writing in his demon book, while Mori and Haruhi look at me patiently. I fidget a little under their gaze.

"F/N-chan's awake!" Honey states and gets on the bed sitting on my lap. Mori goes to pick him up off me but I gesture to him that it was fine and he sits back down.

"What's all this for? I haven't gotten you guys anything yet." I said feeling guilty.

Honey gives me his gift first and doesn't respond to my question. I give him a small smile. I open it to find a plushie sort of like his Usa-chan except its a cat, I giggle at it and hug him.

"Thank you Honey." he nods his head smiling. Tamaki, the twins, and Kyoya give me their gifts which was large amount of F/F, many bottles of F/D (drink), and lastly a large plush F/C blanket. I smile and thanked them all, how could they be so thoughtful?

Everyone was leaving but Mori stayed. The hosts had a ball that they were hosting, they told me it would be the brightest one yet and were sorry I was going to miss it.

The doctors told me I could leave as soon as the paperwork was filed so I have no idea what their hold up is. Mori handed me a small blue box, the lid had a white bow on top. I looked at him hesitantly and he wouldn't look me in the eyes. I saw his cheeks a bright scarlet and he stared intently at the box.

I pulled the box off slowly and gasped when I saw the ring inside. It was a brilliant silver ring that had a sapphire which was shaped into a heart. I smiled at him and he gave me a smile back. I hugged him and pecked his cheek.

If possible, his cheek color deepens at the gesture.

"Merry Christmas Mori." I tell him.

He takes the box out of my hands and pulls the ring out of it. One of his large hands grasp my smaller one and slides the ring onto my ring finger.

"Merry Christmas F/N."

Bye guys

~Lavinia