☆ Prologue ☆

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW:

*four years earlier*

"Wow Mika, this is really good!" Akane had complimented Mikaela on his meal.

"It is!" Taichi squealed with delight. Mikaela heard a few more muffled compliments around the table and smiled back gently at his family.

"Thank you. I'm glad you guys like it." Mikaela had responded. The compliment had flattered him, but he reconsidered if it tasted good as he observed Yuichiro playing with his food and frowning at it.

"Yuu-chan? Do you not like the food I made?" Mika asked the raven haired boy, curiously.

"No, it's good... I'm just not hungry." He glanced at Mikaela and put on a fake smile as he pushed his bowl away from him.

Yuichiro thought that the food tasted great, he just wasn't hungry because late last night he received a phone call from his birth mother. He had answered the phone, not knowing it was his mother until he had heard a single 'hello'. He knew it was his mothers voice, and he had quickly ended the phone call. Yuichiro was worried. He wondered how his evil mother had found their phone number.

Mikaela knew right at that moment that something was bothering Yuichiro, and he would soon find out what it was.

"Yuu!! Can I please have the rest of your curry, then?!" Chihiro asked excitedly.

"Yeah, you can." Yuichiro gave Chihiro a friendly but forced smile before heading upstairs to his room.

"I'll be right back." Mikaela told his family before he ran upstairs after Yuichiro.

He was about to knock on their bedroom door, but as he heard Yuichiro's panicked voice, he stopped dead in motion as he attempted to eavesdrop.

"What? No, you can't!" He heard Yuichiro yell.

"No, no please don't! I'm not a demon, and my family sure as hell aren't, either!" Yuichiro yelled after a moment. Mikaela assumed he was on the phone, since he didn't hear another persons voice.

Yuichiro's heart was racing a million miles per hour as he heard her voice. It sounded calm and diabolical, and it was scaring him. His brain felt fuzzy as his birth mother talked through the phone.

"I see you, my disgusting demon son. And I'm going to burn you and your demonic family alive." Yuichiro shuddered in terror.

"NO!" He broke down and started bawling as hot tears flooded down his pale cheeks.

Mikaela opened the door and raced to Yuichiro's side when he saw him hyperventilating and panicking.

"Yuu-chan, what's wrong?" He asked Yuichiro with concern laced into his tone.

"G-get our fa-family out of here, NOW!" Yuichiro screamed hysterically. Mikaela's eyes grew as wide as saucers.

"W-why what's going on?" Mikaela started panicking.

"My mother." Yuichiro said, his voice weak. At that exact second, their families high pitched screams of terror were loud and clear from downstairs.

"NO! NO!" Yuichiro screamed at the top of his lungs as he ran downstairs to see bright orange flames consuming their home. Mikaela was already ahead of him, as he lifted Ako and Taichi and proceeded to quickly assist them out of the window as everyone's screaming was booming loud.

Yuichiro looked to the left as he heard an ear piercing scream and spotted Akane burning alive. He ran towards Akane as tears were flowing from his eyes and his heart burned with pain. As he reached his hand out to Akane, she had turned to dust.

His skin was boiling from the heat flooding throughout the old orphanage house. When he looked back up from the dust that once was Akane, he had spotted his birth parents. Everything seemed like a violent blur to him.

"You are a demon! And I can't live knowing that I gave birth to a thing like you!" His mother had yelled as she grabbed Yuichiro's birth father's hand and jumped into the fire. Incoherent sounds were heard as his parents were engulfed by the fire. They had committed suicide.

Yuichiro could barely take it anymore, he had watched three people get burned alive right in front of him and his pain was unbearable. He felt traumatized and felt himself about to faint, but he still tried to stay awake.

After Ako and Taichi successfully got through the window, Mikaela turned back to see high flames surrounding Fumie, as the little girl was screaming in terror.

His eyes were as wide as saucers as he saw Fumie drop down like she wasn't alive. He felt like his feet were glued to the creaky, wooden floors but he still pushed himself to save his family.

"Fumie!" He had screamed. The skin on his leg started burning as he stepped into the fire to save her. Mikaela hissed because he was in intense pain. He was able to get Fumie out of the ring of fire, but he couldn't move his leg as the fire was melting his skin. Mikaela screamed because the pain was so unbearable.

At that moment Yuichiro snapped out of his haze when he heard his best friend's screams. He quickly pulled Mikaela from the fire, and picked up Fumie before he proceeded to toss her out of the window. It was getting way too hot in the house. He could feel the fire caressing his skin. He grasped Mikaela's arm and attempted to drag him to the window.

"Mika!" Yuichiro tiredly yelled, as he started bawling. "Mika." He yelled out desperately again as they were almost at the window.

"Yuu-chan! You have to get out of here before you get badly hurt."

"No, Mika! I can't leave you. Mika please." Yuichiro desperately tried to lift Mikaela, but he couldn't.

"Yuu-chan! I said leave!"

"Mika, NO!" But at that moment, all hope was lost that his best friend would stay alive. He felt Mikaela's arms around his waist and he was tossed right out of the window.

And that was the last time he got to see his best friend.

(991 Words) Updated: Saturday, December 31st 2016

VOTE + COMMENT PLZ💗