Chapter 16: Crimson Eyes

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW:

Mikaela hadn't realized he was twirling his hair as he gazed at Yuichiro with affection and admiration. He was internally fangirling and he wanted to scream in excitement. He loved the way Yuichiro's disheveled hair flopped over his eyes. Yuichiro's hair was always a mess, but in Mikaela's eyes, he looked sexy. He unconsciously licked his lips.

Yuichiro felt Mikaela's stare, so he turned to look at Mika, a questionable expression on his face.

"Do you like them?" The blonde asked, nodding towards his sketchbook that Yuichiro was currently looking through.

"Mikaela! You're so talented. This vampire with the green eyes is my favorite!" Yuichiro gleamed with excitement, pointing to a page in Mikaela's sketchbook.

Mikaela felt uneasy as Yuichiro's malachite eyes scanned over his drawings. That vampire sketch that Yuu said he liked... Was actually a sketch of him as a vampire. A hidden fantasy that Mikaela wanted. A desire that cannot be fulfilled.

Mikaela wanted Yuichiro to become a vampire like he was. He hated humans. They were filthy, dishonest and terribly selfish and greedy.

The only humans he liked was Yoichi and Kimizuki, and of course the only human he loved was Yuichiro. He hated everyone else and all other humans. He wanted to turn Yuichiro into a vampire like he was.

Yuichiro will become immortal and Mikaela would be able to love him forever. But vampires are monsters, and Mikaela could never hurt Yuichiro and turn him into a bloodsucking freak like he was.

And it physically hurt Mikaela with that thought. The idea of Yuu being a vampire; turned him on. He had a hidden sexual fantasy where Yuichiro was a vampire and sucked his blood then had sexual intercourse with him. Mikaela felt so disgusted at himself for feeling that way.

"I'm glad you like it." The blonde felt his cheeks warm up. He immediately looked away so Yuichiro wouldn't see his flustered face.

"You know..." The raven haired boy chuckled softly. "I don't sketch like you do, but I do like to watercolor paint." He clasped his hands together, slowly connecting his eyes with Mikaela's.

Mikaela automatically felt intrigued with the thought of Yuichiro being a painter. He found himself wondering what the ebony haired boy painted on his spare time. Maybe landscape scenes? Zentangle? Celebrities?

"Yuichiro, since we haven't seen each other for so long and so much has changed... Do you want to play a game? Where we ask each other questions, and have to answer truthfully?" Mikaela smiled.

"Okay! So Mikaela..." Yuichiro was hesitant to ask, since he didn't know wether the subject was sensitive to Mika. "How did you survive the fire at the orphanage?" He bit his lip, worried that he might've crossed a line.

"A firefighter saved me. You know, I still have a burn scar from saving Fumie from the fire-" Mikaela patted his lap. "Right here, on the front of my thigh."

Yuichiro felt guilty as his heart clenched. He stared at the fabric of Mikaela's white jeans. He wondered what the scar looked like.

"I'm proud of the scar on my thigh. It's an everyday reminder that I saved Fumie's life and that you, Yuichiro; that you were alive and healthy, living happily somewhere out in the world. And here you are, I've found you, my Yuu-chan." He whispered the last part.