Chapter 11: Gay Taxi Driver

YUICHIRO'S POINT OF VIEW:

The bright freckles shone through the darkening sky. The vibe had felt eery as the silk curtains danced with the wind. Beside me, I spotted Yoichi sleeping soundly.

Why do I feel like someone's watching me? I fiddled with my hands contemplating wether I should get out of bed or not. Fear crept up my spine as I lifted my quilt over the bottom half of my face.

11:58 PM was displayed on the clock. It was still really early. I only went to bed 20 minutes ago and here I am again, wide awake. It was strange the way I had woken up. One moment I was in a deep sleep, the next I just abruptly jolted up without knowing why. I debated for a few moments if I should get up or not. When I couldn't go back to sleep, I had decided I would get up. Only makes sense.

A bright light had flashed from my nightstand beside me and loud music burst through the room. I glanced at Yoichi anxiously, worried I might've accidentally woken him up. But he lay there still, muffled snores still sounding from him.

Wow, he's a deep sleeper.

I retrieved my phone frantically, answering the call so it would stop ringing. I didn't want to wake up Yoichi.

"Hello?" I yawned into the phone.

There was a moment of hesitation before the caller spoke. "Hey, Yuichiro." Their voice was low and soft.

"...Whose this?" I asked curiously, biting lightly on my finger in suspicion.

"You have to come here, now." I felt uneasy at the tone.

"Why? Who is this?" At this point I felt nervous and slightly fearful. This unusual phone call and the eery vibe surrounding us... What's happening? Somethings not right. I sense it in my psyche.

"It's Mika, just please come over." He hummed gently into the phone. His voice didn't sound like it usually does.

"Mika? It's midnight... Why do you want me to come over? Are you crazy?"

"Yuu... It's, um. Because I miss you." But his voice sounded exaggeratedly sweet.

I don't think that was the reason he wanted me to come over, even though I really wished it was. Something strange is going on. I sensed a slight panick in his voice, also.

"Okay Mika, I will." I nodded my head even though he couldn't see it.

"OH! Also, bring Yoichi..." He laughed nervously.

"What, why? I don't want to wake him, he's sleeping so peacefully. Hehe, he looks adorable in his sleep." I smiled at Yoichi.

"Yuu-chan... I don't want you calling other people 'adorable'." He growled into the phone.

"Okay! Sorry! I'm just telling the truth. But why does he need to come?"

"Don't ask questions, damnit... Just bring Yoichi with you and hurry up! I called a Taxi over there for you." Mikaela spoke exasperatedly.

"Okay." I answered before hanging up my phone.

I walked to Yoichi's side of the room, watching his chest rise and fall as he breathed. His fluffy brunette hair covered half of his face and he had a small smile on his lips.