A Surprise Illness

3rd Person P.O.V

   Yuri and Viktor were laying in bed and smiling as Viktor was asleep and cuddled against Yuri. Yuri, although was awake and taking pictures of the skating god asleep on him and blushing still not believing his idol was now his husband. He was a about to post the pictures when the news app on his phone gave him a notification. He abandoned the idea of posting the picture and slowly scrolled through the news article.

   Yuri was filled with surprise and a small bit of happiness as he read that Yurio, a long time enemy of his on the ice (at least), will have to leave this years competition due to illness.

   "Viktor wake up", Yuri said as he gently shook his lover.

   "What Yuri?" Viktor asked with his accent deep with sleep.

   "Yurio dropped out of the Grand Prix Final, he's sick", Yuri said a bit to excitedly.

   "Yuri", Viktor said strictly, "you know that's not something to be happy about he's a competitor but off the ice he's a good kid" he finished in a scolding tone.

   Yuri sighed,"I know, I know, I hope he's well soon but..." He cut himself off, shutting off his phone.
  "But?" Viktor asked, sitting up properly.
   "But, I haven't been able to get a gold medal ever and Yurio was my only real roadblock....I'm sorry", Viktor sighed silently but Yuri could still hear it because of the dead silence of the room.
   "Are you upset with me Viktor?" Yuri asked worried.
   "No, but I believe that even if he hadn't gotten ill you could've beaten him Yuri", Viktor said in calm tone and then smiled at Yuri. Yuri sighed and smiled happily before kissing the Russian softly and then poking Viktor's head.
   "Though that little punk does know how to piss me off", Viktor laughed and hugged Yuri close.
   "He likes competing against you and all that stuff", Yuri said to him,smiling at the pure closes between them. Viktor hummed as an answer and yawned,"Can we please go back to sleep now?", he asked, his eyes already closed and slidding back into a laying postiton.
   Yuri just chuckled lightly,"Of course."