Fall

Yuri's P.O.V

We were here, the last short program of the Grand Prix and I just had to be first to go.
   I got to the ice and was consentraiting hard I wanted to win so badly.
   I got halfway through my program and I smiled and the first half was perfect and this was my last quad a quad flip I can do this. I smiled at Viktor as I jumped bit I could tell I over rotated and then my skates didn't  find the ice again. Instead it was getting closer to my face then everything went black.
    I woke up to a white room,with a warm feeling on my right hand.I looked to my right and saw Viktor holding my hand, he was crying and looking down. "V..Viktor", I said softly, "What happened?", I said and squeezed his hand softly. "I'm sorry I should have tried harder to keep you off the ice today", he said crying.
   I shook my head,"It wasn't your fault..." I said softly but he raised his voice slightly, probably not meaning to,"Yes it is! I knew you weren't okay,  but I let you do what to want anyway! I'm a terrible husband!", he yelled while crying.
   Those words hurt me worse then the fall I had recently taken, "No you're not Viktor. I was being stubborn this isn't your fault..", I said softly. "Why haven't you been eating Yuri?", he questioned me sadly still holding my hand tight.
    I didn't know how to answer that, as much as I loved him....he didn't need the added stress so I tried to think of an excuse. "Yuri please tell me the truth... I need to know if its my fault", he stated staring at the rings on our hands.
   I sighed, feeling defeated, "Viktor....I..", I couldn't find a way to word it, I can't do this to him but I have to I...I don't know what to do.
   He just continued to look at my ring,"Do you really wanna be my husband Yuri?", he said sadly and it broke my heart I needed to tell him why.
   "I do! Viktor I really love you this is just difficult for me...", I said,playing with my fingers,"I don't know how to tell you,how to word it to come out correctly...I just-", I sighed, "I wanted to make you happier", I said softly.
   Viktor seemed shocked,"Yuri....I was happy with how you were, I'm scared for you now. You don't have to change for me, I'll love you as long as you're happy and healthy", he said like someone had taken his breath away as he was now trying to stop crying.  
   I just looked at him and smiled softly. "I'm so sorry for hurting you and making you think I didn't love you Viktor", I said choking back tears. Viktor just stood up and kissed me deeply and lovingly. "Your score was still high, considering the fall, Yuri and you're currently in 2nd place and the free skate is in 2 days...", Viktor said softly whispering to me. "Really?!", I said excitedly and hugged him tight.
   I was going to with this years final and finally prove to Viktor I stood on the same level as him.