Chapter 8: Meeting Haibara Ai

A few days later

Rei is walking home from school with Ran and Sonoko, on the way home they met The Detective Boys.

"Look it's Ran-no-neechan"Conan said.

"Yeah it is!"Ayumi said.

"Who is that girl with her, the one on the back"Mitsuhiko said.

Before Conan could answer, they heard Ran calling them.

"Ran-san, who is she?"Mitsuhiko asked.

"She is Fujimara Reika, a new transfer student from America"Ran said.

"Woah, sugoi I've always wanted to go to America!"

"Me too"

Before the Mitsuhiko, Genta, and Ayumi started to talk about the whole thing at America (and about her), Rei interupted,

"Ummm........... Who are you guys?"Rei asked.

"Sorry for not introducing ourselves earlier, I'm Yoshida Ayumi"

"I'm Kojima Genta"

"I'm Mitsuhiko Tsuburaya,yoroshiku onegaishimasu (Nice to meet you)"

"Haibara Ai"

"Nice to meet you all"Rei said with a(fake)smile.

'This Haibara Ai, she reminds me of Shiho-neechan... Wait a second! Could ir be that she is Shiho-neechan... If I remember correctly,there's a drug called APTX 4869, in one of their animal test, the drug shrank a mouse..... Could it be that she drank it too....Well there's only one way to find out, by cornering her! That way i could confront her directly about it'

They all keep walking until they realized that Conan and Ai isn't are going away, well, not Rei she knew it from the first second they walked away, she just pretend not to know.

"Eh? Where is Conan-kun and Ai-chan going?"Ran asked.

"Just let the brat and the girl go Ran. They'll come back!" Sonoko said.

"But,"Ran said.

"Don't worry I'll get them for you"Rei said as she started to catching up with Conan and Ai.

"Sorry for the trouble"Ran shouted as she saw Rei running away.

Rei keep chasing after them until she saw them stopping in a park and started talking,

"Oi, Haibara why are you dragging me here?"Conan asked.

"Listen Kudo-kun, that girl, she is Fujimara Reika, she was once a member from the organization....."

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAT"Conan shouted, starting to freak out.

'Really'Rei thought, sweatdropping, 'So I am right, she is Shiho-neechan, but who is this boy, he seems to know about the organization, could he be another victim of APTX 4869? Why did Shiho-neechan call him with Kudo-kun? Isn't his name Edogawa Conan'

"Well then,"Conan said, keeping his cool,"How could i trust a member of them?"

"If I'm not wrong she is a...." Before Ai could finish her sentence a voice interrupted,

"A secret makes a woman woman"The one and only, Fujimara Reika said, appearing at the scene.

"My identity is something you should find out yourself, high school detective, Kudo Shinichi"

"H-how did you know?"Conan stuttered.

"Kudo Shinichi......... That name is on the list of the victim of APTX 4869, since Shiho-neechan called you Kudo-kun, instead of your fake identity, so that's how i figured it out, more and less"Rei said.

"More and less?"

"I know you're hiding something since we first met"Rei said, shrugging

"I see you're still as sharp as ever, huh, imouto (A Japanese term to address little sister)"Ai said.

"You should remember that I'm older than you now, Haibara"Rei said, they laugh together.

"Just how close are you two?"Conan asked.

"Currently about 2 meters and 17 centimeters"Rei answered, Conan sweatdropped at her answer.

"What? Is something wrong?"Rei asked.

"I..iie(no)"

"Let's get just back to the others before they get worried" Rei said.

"Okay"The 'Kids' answered.

"Where were you, you're not supposed to going alone like that you know?"Ran scolded them as they got back.

"Gomennasai" Conan said childishly, with a fake sad face that make Ran cheered up instantly.

"I'm sorry"Rei interrupted,"I have to go now, bye" Rei said as she run away.

End of Chapter 8