Chapter 16: The Assignment

A/N: I'm making Rei abandon the case. You could read the case at chapter 441-444 of Detective Conan manga.

"Rei-chan, hurry and come to you know where ASAP!" Her caller said in a rushed tone.

"Jodie-neechan! What's wrong?" Rei asked. No reply. She hung up.

'What's going on here?!'

'Tch... No choice, I have to go...' Rei thought, 'The problem is how do i get out from this place, Kudo and Osaka boy can take care of the case. Then....'

"Oi Kudo, Don't 'cha think that girl is taking a long time?" Heiji asked Conan.

"It's true, where could she be?" Conan then noticed something, "Oi, what's that?" He picked it up, "A paper?"

"Is there something written on it?" Heiji asked.

Conan sweatdropped after seeing the content of the paper, "Read it yourself..." He handed Heiji the paper.

"I'm going out for a while. Work. Take care of the case. Fujimara Reika," Heiji read the paper. "That little!" Heiji exclaimed in anger.

'Knock Knock'

"So...," Rei started, "What's wrong?"

"Ah! Rei-chan!" Jodie exclaimed, "Finally we could start!"

"Start what?" Rei asked.

"We got a new source about the organization, but we can't get access to it." Jodie said again.

"Let me guess," Rei said, "You want me to hack this source?"

"Ehehe... that's right!" Jodie sheepishly answered.

"Mou.... What can you do without me?" Rei whinned, annoyed.

She started to search the source, easily broke any kind of code, it's her speciality after all, the one that had the organization set their eye on her.

2 hours later

"SERIOUSLY?! HOW MANY CODES IN THESE FILES SHOULD I HACK?!" Rei yelled loudly.

The other agents in the building sweatdropped, looking at her.

"What?" Rei looked, well more like, glared intensely at them.

"A-ah no-nothing." The other agents started leaving her, Rei's glare is the best glare you could find in the whole world, it's like her glare stabbed deep into your skull.

"R-Rei-chan, please calm down...," Jodie gulped.

"Whatever..." Rei murmured as she started working again.

'We're lucky this whole building is soundproof,' Jodie thought, 'If not, the neighborhood might hear her yelling.'

"So, what's the new lead," A familiar voice entered the room.

"S-Shu!" Jodie exclaimed.

"I'm not done yet," Rei said, didn't even bother to look at him.

"It's a though one this time, isn't it?" Akai teased.

"Shut up!"

'Huh? These files was hacked,' Rei thought, 'But who?' She started to find the other hacker, 'CIA?! What's CIA trying to do?'