Chapter 15: Meeting With Hattori Heiji [3]

"How... Did you know my name?"

"What are you talking about Fujimara-kun? Did you bump your head or something? Don't you remember me? It's me, Megure Juuzo"Megure said.

"I don't understand what you're talking about. You probably got the wrong person." Rei said calmly but still with a glare.

"Maybe, but you look just like her with a very short hair. The way you talk and even your glare is like hers" Megure stated, "But something isn't right, you're way to young to be her, and she's supposed to be dead"

"Well, the dead can't come back alive again, so you got the wrong person" Rei said, shrugging.

"But, you are Fujimara.... Kagami, ne?" Megure asked.

Rei froze, "Anata wa... watashi no... okaasan wa shitte iru? ( Do you... know... my mother?)"

"What did you say?"Megure asked.

Rei turned, starting to calm down her anger. Rei's quite tempered, which is one of her weaknesses, Rei herself notice this, so she always tried to control her emotions, especially anger. "Nothing important, at least not for you, so stop asking these ridiculous question"She finally answered, "How about the case?" She said as they got into the room.

"The dead man was a president of a toy company. His name is Tsujiya Kenji-san, 53 years old. This is his home and work place." Megure explained, "The death time was 5 PM on Sunday, June 29th. The body was found on 10 AM, June 30th. There were 4 workers who found him. They wait for their boss to come to the restaurant below. But the boss didn't show up at 9.30 AM, so they open the door using the extra key."

"The boss was tied up and was hit to death by golf club" Heiji suddenly spoke, "The body was found under the table!"

"How do you know?" Kazuha asked.

"The body landed in the ink," Heiji answered, "Probably when he struggled. Then the person was tied with rope, during that the ink probably fell."

"That proves that the boss was struggling when he fell down," Heiji continued.

"Didn't you said that the boss was hit by a golf club?" Kazuha asked.

"There's only blood on the head, see? And there's some thin lines? This proves that he was hit innacurately by golf club," Heiji explained.

"Why did the criminal hit the boss after he tied him up?" Ran asked.

"Because he wants to know the combination to the safe" This time Conan explained, "See the safe is open and empty!"

"Oh so the motive was money" Kogoro slowly said.

"You're a famous detective and you didin't even figure that out? This type of deduction is still elementary! I think even the police already figure that out," Rei said, "The boss probably saw the criminal's face so the criminal have no choice but to kill him"

Hearing her words, Heiji can't hold his curiousity anymore, he dragged Rei to the corner of the room, while Kazuha and Ran get angry at Kogoro for not figuring it out.

"Oi, what in the world are you doing, Osaka boy?" Rei hissed.

"Chotto matte (Wait a minute) Heiji-niichan" Conan said as he followed them.

"Just who are you really? You're way too smart and too mature for your age. Especially that crazy driving of yours, it's freaking me out" Heiji said in a voice that only Rei, Conan, and himself can hear.

"Really? So what? Thanks for the compliment?"Rei started to be annoyed.

"Just answer! Who are you?!" The hot-blooded dark-skinned Osaka boy said angrily.

"Figure that out yourself! You're a detective, aren't you?" Rei flamed Heiji up.

"Y-You little.."

"Fine, let's not fight here. If you really want to know, I am ... One of the creator of the drug that shrunk this kid" Rei said with an terrifiying expression.

"Y-y-your one of them" Heiji backed off.

"You've misunderstood, Hattori," Conan calmed him down, "She was a spy who snuck in into that organization, she's in the same side as us"

"A spy?" Heiji repeated.

"Let me introduce myself more properly," Rei said, "I am Fujimara Reika, on of the FBI Agent that has been secretly operating in Japan." Rei paused, "So.. Don't tell anyone about my true identity."

"Ah, by the way thanks for straightening things up, Kudo," Rei said to "Conan".

"No problem, just think of it as a thank you for saving my live back then (Vermouth incident)" Conan replied.

"I'm not the only one who save you, you also saved Jodie-neechan,"Rei said.

"That was nothing, let's finish the case," Conan said.

'Ring Ring,' Rei's phone ringed.

'This ringtone...,' Rei thought, 'Someone from the FBI? What is it this time?'

"Ah sorry, go ahead," She said to Conan and Heiji, "I'll catch up."

She picked her phone,

"Rei-chan, hurry and come to you know where ASAP!" Her caller said in a rushed tone.

"Jodie-neechan! What's wrong?" Rei asked. No reply. She hung up.

'What's going on here?!'

End of chapter 15