Chapter 9: Fujimara Reika & Akai Shuichi

"Jodie-neechan"Rei said cutting her off her thoughts. They are taking a break from the meeting.

"Eh? Rei-chan, sorry, what did you say?"Jodie said while trying to keep her face straight.

"It's almost the time you confront her yet you keep spacing out like this? What's wrong with you Jodie-neechan? I've been trying to get your attention for about 5 minutes!"Rei asked.

"Sorry" Jodie said nervously.

"You don't seem alright to me Jodie-san"Hikaru said entering the scene.

"Really i'm alright"Jodie said trying to convince Hikaru, Rei, and Akai who was only leaning at the wall while drinking his canned coffee.

"You're a really terrible liar" Rei said while sweatdropping.

"Fear of death is worst than death itself"Akai said in English, before switching back to Japanese.

"Remember, don't have fear"Akai said to Jodie.

"So now you decided to speak"Rei said.

"Shut up"was all Akai's reply.

"Ok, I'll remember that clearly. Let's do this mission!"Jodie said with serious and determined face.

"Let's get prepared then"A voice said.

"James,you're sure about this, right?"Jodie asked.

"Of course, our plan should work perfectly"The voice, James, answered.

"Don't underestimate our opponent, she's a master of disguise, she could do everything she want" Rei, who understand Vermouth perfectly, since she worked with her before, said.

"I understand Rei-kun"James said, "Let's end this meeting"

With that everyone excluding Akai and Rei walk away.

"Shu-nii"Rei said as she walked towards him,"We should back her up, in case anything happens"

Akai nodded,"Meet me tonight at my place"

"Your place?"Rei asked.

"What?" Akai asked back.

"Well, we live at the same building since i moved here, so.." Akai cutted her, "At the garage"

"Roger that Shu-nii, though you should have said that earlier"Rei said, half-answering and half-insulting.

"Do you really have to insult me like that?"Akai asked.

"Yep" Rei said laughing.

They started to walk to Akai's Chevrolet.

"Man, that James, how could he be so positive"Rei said, "There's no guarantee that we will win against Vermouth"

"If you say so, then we really should not underestimate Vermouth, the 'Rotten Apple'. After all you worked with her in the past"Akai said.

Rei nodded, "I've heard that she's the boss's favorite"

Rei suddenly stopped walking,"Jodie-neechan hate her so much isn't she?"

Akai, also stopping said,"That can't be helped, after all she killed her parents and yours too"

"She didn't, Gin did. Man, all this things make me remember that i owe you so much"Rei said, looking down with a sad smile visibly shown at her face.

"No, you don't" Akai replied.

"What are you talking about? Of course i do! You saved my life several times already, if not because of you, i would already dead right now."Rei said, "You remembered that too, right? 10 years ago when you found me"