Chapter 19: Moroboshi Maria

"Hidemi-neesan," Rei sighed, "I know you're awake."

No response.

Rei's eye twitched, "Fine, I'll just call your brother here to wake you up, he's looking for you, you know? That Hondou Eisuke."

"Fine, I give up," Hidemi opened her eyes.

Rei smiled, "It's been a long time since we talked to each other like this, Hidemi-neesan, still remember me?"

"If not because of your 'know everything' ability, I don't think I could recognize you anymore, Maria-chan," Hidemi answered.

"Please don't call me like that," Rei sighed, "It's a thing in the past."

"You changed a lot," Hidemi said, "You wore contact lenses, you've cut your hair, you look very different now. Not that 'know everything' ability of yours anyway."

"I would like to talk much more, but we don't have much time." Rei said, "Listen, sooner or later the organization will definitely retrieve you. Of course, FBI probably would try to protect you." Rei paused, "Shu-nii will definitely do something, and knowing him it would be dangerous for both you and us, FBI."

"Shu-nii? Who's that?" Hidemi asked.

"A-ah... I mean Akai Shuichi." Rei blushed, embarrassed.

"Ah... The Silver Bullet," Hidemi said.

"Hidemi-neesan, I'm asking this as a FBI Agent, when the time comes, please, cooperate with us." Rei said.

"I understood. Of course I will, we're chasing the same target after all," Hidemi said, "In exchange, I want you to do me a favor."

"Sure, you want me to protect your brother, right?" Rei smirked.

"Of course, you really know everything." Hidemi giggled.

"It's not like I'll be able to put him into Witness Protection Program, but I'll try my best." Rei said.

"Thank you," Hidemi said.

Rei smiled, "Ah, my shift is almost over, you better go back to pretend to sleep."

"Okay."

*Knock*

"Your shift is over. I'll take it from now on." A FBI Agent said.

"Yeah, Thanks." Rei replied as she got out from the room.

"Shu-nii," Rei popped out in his room, "I'm going outside for a bit," Rei said.

"This late?" Akai replied, "You're not planning something, right?"

"No, of course not." Rei answered, "I'm just visiting an old friend."

"You have a friend?" Akai asked.

"Forget it." Rei sighed, "But I'll still go out, bye." She ran out.

"That kid just did what she wants." Akai sighed.

Agasa's house

*Knock* *Knock*

"Yes," Agasa opened the door.

"I'm sorry for bothering late at night, but is Haibara Ai there?" Rei said.

"Ai-kun? Yes she's inside, but who are you?" Agasa asked, getting suspicious.