Chapter 11: Stick to the plan

"What do you want?" He looked at the person who he called him "father".

"Simple, break up your relationship with her, and try to get to the point. After that, i'll try to make your request come true" Ayato understood who he meant, but what he doesn't understand is why.

"What request do you possibly know about me?"

"......how about the title? Winning over everything else is what matters right?" Karl proceed to persuade him, trying to find a weak spot.

"....not since i already have someone with me" Ayato emerged out of the water, drying his hair and body.

" Ayato, i know you, even there's someone in your mind, but you still want more" His back was facing Karl's face, he doesn't want to listen to any plans he's going to give.

"I made up my mind, i'm not playing with your tricks anymore"

"....how about if i hurt her instead?" That stopped his tracks from the door. He turned a little bit, hands already turn into a fist.

"She wasn't the perfect candidate, not a pure blood, does not have the figure, might as well throw someone who are unworthy, and.....she's got that b***-" before he can finish, Ayato held his neck  to the wall. He pushed him further to the bricks.

"Finish what you are about to say and i'll break that neck of yours"

"Hm...and you think that you can just kill me like that? I'm your father" he tighten it more.

"No...I only see you as a stranger now"

".....well if you want to be like this, then I think that the decision has been made....disposing her would be suitable" Ayato punched his stomach, his ribcage, his head over and over. After that, the man only laugh, blood was oozing over his mouth, and his nose.

"You really don't stop at nothing.....what if someone else stole her heart, replacing theirs instead of yours"

"So what if someone else stole her, i could get her back anytime" Ayato looked at the man below, he glared at the sight, he felt anger building up, wanting to kill him.

"With what? If you had her feelings now, why would i waste my time with you?" Ayato had no emotions, but he smiled soon after, and crouched to his level

"...I can win her over again...because I know....that even though she had forgotten who i am....she always remembered her feelings about me"

"How confident..but that's not the point i want to talk, all i want you to do is to distance yourself away, for until she have no doubts any-" Ayato paused,

"What do you mean about that? Doubting? About what?"

"Oh..it looks like i have forgotten one little thing...the day on her wedding, she had doubts, whether to marry you or not. She's scared about what might happen after that...if you know what i mean" he finally understand, about the whole thing why Karl did, it's because of this mess happen before the wedding.

"....it's about the day before isn't it? I talked to her about taking over as the king, and ruled over this place"

"Finally...i knew you were this smart, but you are just too blind to see it" Ayato glared at him

"She's scared if you're going to be like....you.She knew what my past are, she has seen everything" Ayato continued.

"And that is what you will be like one day"

"For the thousand times, i will never be like you"

"And if you are? An apple doesn't fall far away from the tree. "

"What do you propose i should do?"

"...simple, just do what i tell you, give her some space to work out, and how you do that? Just stay away from her, and we'll see if her heart really still wants you"

"But not to worry, when the time comes, i'm sure that you'll have your wedding continue"

".....fine..you win. When can i start?" His bangs covering his eyes, he didn't want to let anyone know the side he has been defeated.

"How about today? The faster, the better"

"And what should i explain? She doesn't remember anything"

"That's been taken care of, do you see her rose necklace?" He nodded

"Well...that's how we make her forget about everything that's meaningful to her, could be called as a temporary amnesia. Take off her necklace, and the rest is up to you"

-•-

"What do you want to talk about?" Yui looked at him, but he looked at her necklace. A rose made out of ruby, which erases her memories.

"Can you take off that necklace first"

"Why?"

"Just take it off or i have to" he came a little too close to her. She went back, and sighed.

"Fine" as soon as she took off that necklace, her eyes began to flash memories, everything she remembered it. Her eyes gone blurry at first, then she looked in front,

"..A-Ayato" she blinked, finally come to her senses. She ran to his side and gave him a hug.

"Yui...." Ayato hugged her back, he kissed her forehead before locking her into a sweet kiss.

"Ayato where am i? What about the wedding? Why am i even-" Ayato shush her, and finally let go off her. Giving a space between them

"Yui....Let's never see each other again" that surprises her, is he..really?

"...Ayato don't joke around, what are you saying?"

"I mean it, let's just take a break" he showed no emotion, he only look at her almost teared eyes. He wanted to say the opposite, but he made a deal with the devil himself.

"Ayato...why? Why now?"

"....it's nothing important"

"But it is to me....do...have you ever had any feelings toward me?"

".....nothing matters now that i finally realize that...i need someone else who's the right candidate beside me"

"So....all this time...i'm just...the only one..who have feelings for you"

"I see you finally understand. If i want to become the best, i don't need someone who'll be getting in the way all the time."

"I..see...well...i hope you find your person" Yui said her words with her smile even though that deep down, her heart broken to pieces. She was still holding on the necklace. Until Ayato grabbed her wrist to hand the necklace to his pocket.

"...bye....pancake" he left her, just like that. He suddenly felt something inside of him. His heart...though have not beat for his entire life, he was broken.

"......goodbye" with that Yui fell into the floor.

-•-

"Ruki, i need you to find her, she was heart broken now and i want you to comfort her"

"What?! What do you mean by that?"

"Just go and see for yourself"

"Karl...this has gone too far, about the plan i don't think that it's the best. Yui will just be broken by the time it has gone too much"

"This is part of the plan, and Ruki...all you have to do is simple. Stick to the plan"