Chapter 17: My Gift to You

Play this music when Yui meets her mom. It's from my favorite Korean drama, Scarlet Heart Ryeo, embrace the mix in it!

It was pitch black. Yui could only see nothing there. Until a tiny light suddenly appear. Yui went to the light, as it gets brighten every time she went near to it, she closes her eyes. As she arrived, she looks at the scenery, the same scenery where she first met her mother. The meadow that has flowers everywhere, the view of the sea was seen a bit.

"Yui.." Yui turned to see her mother. She was wearing a white dress and flowers adorned to make details of the dress.

"Mother!" She ran to her. Her mother's arms were opened for her daughter to hug her. Yui hugged her so tight, to show how much she misses her mother.

"I missed you...so much"she cried as she hugged her mom tight

"Me too love" she stroked her hair. She also cried because she hasn't seen her daughter for so long. A relationship between a mother and daughter will never be broken as long as two hearts are connected.

"Why are you here so suddenly?" she finally looked at her mother who was smiling at her.

"Honey, i heard you're getting married?" Yui's smile fade away. She lets go of her mother's arms and walked a bit further.

"Not anymore, he broke up with me" Her mother was silent, she walked to Yui, soothing her as Yu's tears falls to the grass. She soothed her daughter as she led her to the sand.

"Oh...mind telling me the whole story?" She and Yui sat on the sandy sand, as the sun sets by the ocean. Yui nodded and she told her story from the day she was set to marry Ayato, to losing him because of another boy.

Yui's mother frowned a bit, then she had her courage to put her free hand to Yui's forehead as Yui's hand held to her mother,

"Yui, there's something I have to give to you. My gift for your wedding" Yui's mind was rushed as her mother used her power to hers. A memory began flashing her mind.

-.-

Before the wedding, when Yui was still at a room wearing her most beautiful wedding dress. She looked herself at the mirror, smiling at her looks and her gown. She felt as if she was the happiest bride of all. She was set to marry her love and she found her family. Life couldn't get any better than this. As she said herself not to be nervous, the door crept opened. 

Yui turned, her face went relax a bit "Karl, what are you doing here?"

"Just checking up on my new daughter in law. Here, a gift" he handed her a red velvet box, tied with a silver ribbon. She untied the ribbon and opened the box. It was a rose shaped necklace, with ruby as the petals. The necklace was shining by the sun's light. She went to the full-leght mirror, puts it on as Karl helped her veil.

"You shouldn't have. Thank you" Yui smiled at her soon to be father in law. How thankful she is toward him, that he took her in when she was alone. 

Karl nodded, he went near to her right ear, and whispered "Yui, listen to me. From now on, you won't remember anything about the brothers, or the events before that. I want you to run off from here, and i assure you that there will be someone picking you up. Now, go!" he said as the necklace went shining, blinding Yui's eyes. As her mind swirled, she did as Karl's order unconscious.

As her flashbacks are revealed, her heart pounds for it. She looked at her mother, with her eyes widen"I..remember now. Mother-"

"Yes..Karl erased them from the gift he gave to you" She smiled sadly, seeing her own daughter like this breaks her heart.